Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just sent ds to his room so I can cool down.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

He has been riding my ass all day.  I have had a lot of activities and stuff planned, but everytime the baby has needed me he has been rude, stomping, and just bratty.  

Now it's nearly 8pm.  We're winding down and just finished a game of trouble.  He asked for another game, no, it's nearly time to go to bed, and after baking, crafting, playing in the snow, taking care of the baby and playing I am tired!

He did not take no for an answer and started begging, being rude, arguing.  I told him "I will not listen to you when you are being this rude." and then ignored his behavior, usually when he talks like that I refuse to acknowledge him and he realizes he can't speak to me like that.

Well, my lovely child who is 8, climbed over to me on the couch, dug his chin really hard into my shoulder (it fucking still hurts!) and screamed directly into my ear "PLAY WITH ME NOW!"

OUCH!

I grabbed him firmly around his arms and pulled him off of me and stood him up.  I told him to go to his room NOW.  

I have never had the urge to smack my child before today, but I will admit, it did cross my mind to slap him.

I have taken my moment now...  I am sending him to bed.  An hour early, but oh well, he deserves it.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I think you're being too easy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM

What would you do?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you're being too easy.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM
He most definitely deserved it. He is too old to be acting like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM

At least you knew that you needed a moment to cool off and sent him to his room. I have done that a time or two. The kids usually know that I am close to that point and dont argue when I send them to their rooms.

As he is 8, I probably would give him more punishment than just going to bed early. But that is me.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I would have whoop his butt.
suzanneyea
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I have sent my older son t his room and told him it was for his own safety.

TexTornado
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Sometimes that's what you have to do!  I remember those days all too well.  Being totally wound up in the days before Christmas.  Woohoo!  Fun times! 

Howardx5
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

good for you for realizing you needed to calm down!

mericanbelle18
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM
This! Lol

Quoting suzanneyea:

I have sent my older son t his room and told him it was for his own safety.

alyssa1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I feel your pain sort of. My 8 yr old daughter just started Christmas break and has really pushed my buttons today. I'm ready for her to go back to school already lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN