Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bring a new or gently used book to exchange

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
Who else has kids whos school does this? I found out tonight that my sons.school is.doing this and I.don't have the money to go buy a new book and all of ds books have been given to him by family and they have written personal notes on the inside, add that I have taught ds that we dont give away or.trade our things I don't like the idea of him giving away one of his.

Eta: I should add I found out tonight at 8pm that he had to have.the book at school at 8 am tomorrow morning. I would go to dollar tree or whatever to get a cheap book but they are all closed for the night. I literally can not go buy a book...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM
You taught your ds not to give away things? What do you do with things he grows too old or big for?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:36 PM

buy a used book at god will and donate it

matofour
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
You don't have a single book in your house that's not written in?
Not one?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Not like that, like he would have friends over and the friend would say "I like X can I have it?" And he would let them take it. He is supposed to bring an age appropriate book for his age, meaning books he still reads.

Quoting Anonymous: You taught your ds not to give away things? What do you do with things he grows too old or big for?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Target sometimes has books in their dollar spot. You can also find books on clearance at book stores most of the time for a couple dollars.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Not one that isnt torn to hell or over 10 years old. I buy most of my books at yard sales.

Quoting matofour: You don't have a single book in your house that's not written in?

Not one?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Lol. I hated that stage! Can't you just skip it?

Quoting Anonymous: Not like that, like he would have friends over and the friend would say "I like X can I have it?" And he would let them take it. He is supposed to bring an age appropriate book for his age, meaning books he still reads.

Quoting Anonymous: You taught your ds not to give away things? What do you do with things he grows too old or big for?
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Go to good will or salvation army. They sell books for like 25 cent to a couple bucks. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I don't have time to do that though. He has to have it at school tomorrow morning and I didn't find out until tonight when I picked him up from the babysitter.

Quoting Anonymous: Target sometimes has books in their dollar spot. You can also find books on clearance at book stores most of the time for a couple dollars.
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Both the dollar store and the dollar spot at target sell pretty decent books! Or I think children's books are .25-.50 at goodwill! I personally love the idea of a book exchange for the holidays, but our school doesn't do it. Perhaps I'll suggest it for next year though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)