Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Many Women Who Complain About FS Would Be On Them If They Didn't Have Their Husband's Income

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 392 Replies
44 moms liked this

Yes, that's right. I said it.

ETA:

Since many people are misunderstanding my point, let me rephrase.

Many women would probably BE on the system themselves if their husband wasn't helping to support them. I'm really sick of seeing professed self-righteous women who complain about benefits when they themselves would be unable to financially support their family if something happened to their their husband. In the real world, a good percentage of women would/do earn a crappy income, and could just as easily be on the system. People who can't support themselves without their significant others, shouldn't downtalk others.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:31 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:31 AM
5 moms liked this

thing is those of us that earn a income are actually the ones paying into the food stamp program, we should get the help.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Not me. I was working before and after my divorce. I don't even qualify on my salary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM
3 moms liked this
Yep.

Again, I don't care. Just remember if you ever are on assistance: hand up not hand out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM
9 moms liked this
Most who recive help do work.

Quoting Anonymous:

thing is those of us that earn a income are actually the ones paying into the food stamp program, we should get the help.

cymkare
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM
3 moms liked this

While it is true that my husband's income does help support me (just as my income helps support him, for the record I make more than he does), we are not on assistance because we make enough to not be. 

I am not sure why it's bad for a two income family to help support each other and not be on assistance. 

That being said I don't trash talk people on assistance, I look down on people who abuse the system. 

My husband helping his family to not get public assistance is a good thing...

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not against food-stamp, but no way in hell would I consider it being a HANDOUT to me for being his wife. Um, no. Not in the least.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM

according to the stats I read atleast 50% that collect food stamps, do not work and do not pay anything towards it.

Quoting Anonymous: Most who recive help do work.

Quoting Anonymous:

mo3giOH
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I don't bash anyone who needs alittle help. You're statement in my case would be true, I haven't worked since I was 17, and right now I'm a SAHM and my Dh is making the money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't receive a hand out from my husband. 

I am the sole provider and he is a SAHD.

Most hard working Americans are against hand outs. I have never heard of SAHMs or Moms who get help from their husbands complain about food stamps and welfare.

Just the ones who work their asses off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)