Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you struggle to live in the "now?"

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 41 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you struggle to live in the "now?"

Options:

Yes, I'm often dwelling on the past or worrying about the future.

No, I pretty much stay focused on the present.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 157

View Results

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:09 PM
4 moms liked this

Hmm.. I didnt vote.. I dont stay focused on the present, so that was out. And I dont "worry" about the future.. so that was out.

I do live in the now, slightly, but I aslo *THINK* about the future.. To be prepare, to discuss changes, etc.. We are always talking about how we are going to do this, or that.. change this, change that.. Upgrade, etc..

Its good to live in the now, but also good to prepare and set up your future. What is there *now*, if previously you were not setting up a good future? Nothing wrong with trying to better yourself.

Shoot.. I rambled tryign to get that point out. Not sure if that will make sense to anyone else.

JingD
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM
5 moms liked this

I prefer to live in the rpresent and give it 100% of myself.  Of course, past and future all have relative value in present.  I learn from the past and plan for the future.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this

This!

I try to live in the present and try to give it my 100%.  No sense in dwelling on the past.  You live and your learn your lessons and move on and I plan for the future but make sure not to get so overcome by it that I forget the "now."

Quoting JingD:

I prefer to live in the rpresent and give it 100% of myself.  Of course, past and future all have relative value in present.  I learn from the past and plan for the future.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM
2 moms liked this

If I do not actively treat my depression, I can stew over past decisions and worry about the 'what ifs".  I tend to have a very negative inner voice.  I have to make an active effort to silence that negativity and be more optimistic.   Worrying doesn't change a thing...it only ruins your "now".

Missdameanor
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Could you add "OTHER" to the poll?
drowningmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I didnt vote - I would say neither

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I have a problem with it, yes. I try to stay focused on whats at hand though bc its truly all we've got is this moment. I'm working very hard on defeating this.

Goddesswillow
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:44 PM

its 50/50 for me so I cant really vote

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Not really I live with no regrets but I'm a very cautious person. I live in the now
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)