Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How damn cheap can you be

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
My ds had a book swap for Christmas today at school and he received a used library book torn up and with stamps from the library all over it. How damn cheap can you be dollar tree is 1/4 mile away and sells books.

Just to add since I'm getting some snowflake bs. My ds doesn't care he likes all books. I just can't believe a PARENT would send this in.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Maybe it was last minute?

I know mine was totally last minute. I had to call my mom to rescue me and she gave me a book she had at her house that wasn't read. But it was an awesome book that cost a lot more than the $5 maximum.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Sounds about how cheap my mom is being.

She told me she'd rather pay to get my tooth pulled vs. putting a cap on it. lol She says, "$100 vs. 1,800 is much better". Like, really?

LOL. from a woman who OFFERED to pay for my dental work after I already said I would. I'm like, NO...not happening.

Sounds like her, atm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Slightly used ok. This thing is falling apart and looks like it's been chewed on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe it was last minute?

I know mine was totally last minute. I had to call my mom to rescue me and she gave me a book she had at her house that wasn't read. But it was an awesome book that cost a lot more than the $5 maximum.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:50 PM

They didn't do books,but they did a $5 grab bag in my sons 5th grade class,he decided not to participate because he said he would end up with a dollar gift so he didn't do it but my poor nephew who is in the other 5th grade took in some robot thing,it was 5 bucks and neat looking,he ended up with a waxy cheap chocolate bar from Dollar Tree,it's says a buck on the label.This must be the year for cheap skates! I keep seeing posts about it!I never want to do grab  bag or secret Santa again,if people can't afford it,they should not do it,not spend next to nothing and take advantage.Thats not fair to the kids at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Gross. Lesson learned for us. For now on I'll just buy something for my kid and give it to them when they get home that day.

Quoting Anonymous:

They didn't do books,but they did a $5 grab bag in my sons 5th grade class,he decided not to participate because he said he would end up with a dollar gift so he didn't do it but my poor nephew who is in the other 5th grade took in some robot thing,it was 5 bucks and neat looking,he ended up with a waxy cheap chocolate bar from Dollar Tree,it's says a buck on the label.This must be the year for cheap skates! I keep seeing posts about it!I never want to do grab  bag or secret Santa again,if people can't afford it,they should not do it,not spend next to nothing and take advantage.Thats not fair to the kids at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:58 PM
At my daughters old school they always did a book exchange and she always got screwed! We would send in an awesome book (diary of a wimpy kid) and she would get some Dora or pooh book.( basically not age appropriate) Bs I hate lazy parents.
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it was a really good book?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Careful, you're about to get jumped on by the holier than thous who will lecture you on the meaning of Christmas and that's its wrong to expect a decent gift that isn't falling apart
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
They can bite me.

Quoting Anonymous: Careful, you're about to get jumped on by the holier than thous who will lecture you on the meaning of Christmas and that's its wrong to expect a decent gift that isn't falling apart
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)