Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Going To Hunt You Down!!!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 61 Replies

Holly heck trying to hunt down some Christmas presents for the girls. I called about 10 different Toys R Us in my area and finally found the playhouse I wanted ($15 for a $99 Imaginarium Foam Playhouse) at the 11th store. I sent hubby out for it and hope it is still there when he gets there.

What is the toy/item you had to hunt down this year???

Update:

We got it!!! The very last one in the entire DFW area!

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Ds wanted a Hot Wheels car maker set.  It was sold out at every store in our area. The nearest store that had it was a Toys R Us in , Erie PA. No way in hell, am I driving all the way from the Buffalo, NY area to PA for a toy.  We got ds a really nice Lego City Fire truck building set instead. I plan to get the car maker for him for his birthday in April.

SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM

If it says sold out online sometimes the store will have 1 or 2 left. I found that out when I went looking for a different toy. 

Quoting WesternNYmom:

Ds wanted a Hot Wheels car maker set.  It was sold out at every store in our area. The nearest store that had it was a Toys R Us in , Erie PA. No way in hell, am I driving all the way from the Buffalo, NY area to PA for a toy.  We got ds a really nice Lego City Fire truck building set instead. I plan to get the car maker for him for his birthday in April.

SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM

BUMP!

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM

None. The only thing my eight year old asked for was COD Ghosts..... He's got other gifts of course but he really only asked for that one thing

WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM

My husband and I actually drove around to every Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, and even Kmart in the area. My husband checked with customer service at each store, and they all said the same thing. The only store that had the item in stock was a Toys R Us in Erie, Pa.   From where I live that drive would be 8 hours round trip. Not counting the time spent in the store.   I also checked online all the sites including Toys R Us and Amazon were sold out.  Oh well.  He will still have a good Christmas anyway. From what I hear, my mom and mother in law bought him a bunch of new skylanders. He will forget all about the car maker.

Quoting SilverOcean84:

If it says sold out online sometimes the store will have 1 or 2 left. I found that out when I went looking for a different toy. 

Quoting WesternNYmom:

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I went to 8 stores before I found DD the nerf rebelle
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Still trying to find a nice set of play food for my dd to go with the kitchen set we got her.

SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Wow that is a lot of hunting. Driving 8 hours  yikes.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

My husband and I actually drove around to every Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, and even Kmart in the area. My husband checked with customer service at each store, and they all said the same thing. The only store that had the item in stock was a Toys R Us in Erie, Pa.   From where I live that drive would be 8 hours round trip. Not counting the time spent in the store.   I also checked online all the sites including Toys R Us and Amazon were sold out.  Oh well.  He will still have a good Christmas anyway. From what I hear, my mom and mother in law bought him a bunch of new skylanders. He will forget all about the car maker.

Quoting SilverOcean84:

Quoting WesternNYmom:

SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I dont know if you have an Aldis around you but I saw a huge package of over 50 pieces for only $8

Quoting embrigmom:

Still trying to find a nice set of play food for my dd to go with the kitchen set we got her.

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM

We have two not far from us. We saw that set but dh didn't really like it. I have my eye on a set of vinely play food on Amozon that will likely be ordered tomorrow. But we're going to check a couple of places first. 

Quoting SilverOcean84:

I dont know if you have an Aldis around you but I saw a huge package of over 50 pieces for only $8

Quoting embrigmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured