Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do you care how much someone can or can not get

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
It seems like most of you are obsessed with what people can and can not get for their kids.

If a parent can not get presents they are bad. If you get more than 5, than you are spoiling your kids.

So why are people so obsessed with what others buy their kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Because people be crazy.  Especially here.

elfling811
by Niki on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Because it's mom confessions, the land of the crazies.
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Because trying to make people feel guilty about their choices is a way small minds make themselves feel better about the suck factor of their own miserable lives.

srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Bc people are nosy and need something to complain about. Nothing is ever right.
I will tell you that my niece said she spent. 800$ on her oldest dd and not that much on her second dd ( she's 6monthd old) and I got aggravated. I think that it's an extreme amount to be spent. But not my kid and not my life. Oh and her birthday is in January. ( the older one)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Because a lot of people here think if you don't buy anything expensive (clothes, toys, etc) then that automatically means your poor. When it comes to clothes, I buy cheaper clothes because it's not like my toddler is going to wear it for years.

FelineTopic
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
What else is one to do with all that spare time they have?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM

some are so needy they need to put others down to feel better about their own lives.

leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Idgaf what everyone thinks, my kids are getting 2 gifts each. $25 and under per child
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Quoting srehman: Bc people are nosy and need something to complain about. Nothing is ever right.
I will tell you that my niece said she spent. 800$ on her oldest dd and not that much on her second dd ( she's 6monthd old) and I got aggravated. I think that it's an extreme amount to be spent. But not my kid and not my life. Oh and her birthday is in January. ( the older one)

At first you condemn getting upset over what others spend... but then you go on to admit that you do exactly that?

FWIW, I spent significantly less on my baby than I did my older children.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I'm not.

If.you can keep your kids happy healthy and safe, it's not my concern.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)