Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DD7 was assaulted by a boy in her class today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

When I picked up my kids from the babysitter's house today, my daughter told me about a boy in her class that punched her in the arm, stomach and mouth. Her lip is slightly swollen, but was not busted. I asked her what happened and why he hit her. She said she went and sat next to him and he told her that she better get away from him right now. When she didn't, he proceeded to hit her. I'm pissed! I asked if he got in trouble and she said he did, but I sent an email to the teacher and asked her to call me asap to talk about this and what will be done to prevent this from happening again. I am very upset that they didn't think to send a note home or call me to let me know that my child was being bullied so bad it has turned violent. 

Obviously, I'm going to talk to the teacher and get her story before I proceed any further, but at the very least that boy needs to be suspended. How would you handle this?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsbrimer
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM
6 moms liked this
I'd tell her to punch him in the face
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I did. I told her firstly to stay away from him always. And if he or anyone ever hits her again, she needs to hit right back. It's about defending yourself and if someone is violent like that, it's okay to hit them back. 

Quoting mrsbrimer: I'd tell her to punch him in the face

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Meeting with principal, teacher and behavior interventionist. Form a plan that you are comfortable with that keeps your dd safe and away from the bully. Insist on being notified of any further incidents in the future.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Her dad is ready to freak the fuck out. I told him to let me talk to the teacher first and see where it goes. 

momto3infl
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I would be upset over no note or call.  But from working in the schools and seeing some of the students that are in gen ed-I would talk with the teacher but with calm and see possibly that if this boy had some type of issue that causes the outburst, and then also talk with my child that if a child asks them to get away and they look upset to get away like they asked.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this
That kid is an ass, I'm willing to bet money that nothing will be done because the little snowflake is special needs and loaded with extra rights and just can't help his violent outrage.

Meet with the principal. If nothing gets done definitely seek another solution, your daughter shouldn't have to put up with that kind of violence
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Talk with the teacher, I would atleast expect a note home or an email.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Wow yeah talk to the teacher to see what happened. He punched her 3 times you should have been contacted
Quelinda2411
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh hell no!! Your gonna talk with the teacher and get her story before you proceed further??  There is NO reason for this boy to punch your dd. I would email the teacher, principal and get intouch with the parents and push for him to be suspended!

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I'm very glad you gave her that advice

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh I did. I told her firstly to stay away from him always. And if he or anyone ever hits her again, she needs to hit right back. It's about defending yourself and if someone is violent like that, it's okay to hit them back. 

Quoting mrsbrimer: I'd tell her to punch him in the face

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)