Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hives....help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Mobile Photo

So I have had these hives on and off for the last year and a half. When they first started my doc and I contributed them to lack of sleep, but even after I switched from night to days they have contributed. The come in patches and itch worse than any bug bite I've ever had. I feel like I am crawling out of my skin I itch so bad :(
Has anyone seen anything like this? I'm the only one in my family that gets them. I feel dumb going back to the doc and I really don't want to pay for allergy tests. Our insurance sucks so it would cost me a lot of money to go.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Bump
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I randomly get hives all the time :/ Take a Zyrtec every day and it will help you from breaking out. Go to an allergist...they can give you meds that you can take when the itching is bad that will get rid of it better than Benadryl or other OTC meds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Do you know what causes yours?

Quoting The_Doodle:

I randomly get hives all the time :/ Take a Zyrtec every day and it will help you from breaking out. Go to an allergist...they can give you meds that you can take when the itching is bad that will get rid of it better than Benadryl or other OTC meds.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM

No. My allergist said pretty much that some people will randomly break out in hives and that is what I was doing. I break out if I get too hot, too cold, mad, upset, anxious...pretty much anything other than calm and 70 degree temp haha. The Zyrtec keeps me from breaking out a lot. I have Hydrocyz (may have spelled that wrong) to take at night if the itching is bad, and I will also take Benadryl if I start breaking out a lot at once. The first time I broke out I ended up having to call an ambulance so I've learned how to stop an outbreak in its tracks before it gets that bad again.

Quoting Anonymous: Do you know what causes yours?

Quoting The_Doodle:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN