Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will be RE~ GIFTING all my ds gifts he got from his step mother....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Because everytime I look those overpriced gifts it just reminds me of her and plus I will be donating to kids who will not bw having any gifts for Christmas.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Replies (311-318):
LSeabolt1982
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea thats it, your kids suffer becasue you cant deal. Grow the f up.

pookietooth
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM

If you don't like the gifts, maybe they could go with your child to the stepmother's house and stay there?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Damn issues much?
that_girl_kk
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM

The first part is way petty.

Every year, my mom asks me what to get for the kids. I give her suggestions and she goes out and buys what I said *I* was buying for the kids. This year, she did that plus bought them some super fancy/overpriced robot game for my son and overpriced action figure walkie talkies for my daughter. The walkie talkies only work within 5 feet and I still haven't figured out how to put the robot game together. I trashed the walkie talkie but haven't given up on the robot game yet.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Wow if I was your kids sm I request the gifts stay with me. This way they have something to do and you can't do crap to them. Grow up and stop acting like everything is a competition.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Hopefully your kid will learn to leave the nice stuff at his Dads house.  And pretty soon he will also figure out that living at Dads house is a shit ton more fun as well. 

I'm so glad I had a nice mother and my kids do too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM

That's such an awesome and mature way of looking at it.  All parents should be like you. 

I am divorced and I'm telling you, it's nice having the extra help, authority, and support.  I'm very thankful for my husband (my girls stepfather) and my xhusbands wife.  We do many things together as an extended family of sorts and I'm truly grateful. 

Quoting marinegirl93:

Wow seriously?! My sons step mom gets him expensive things too such as Pajamas from Von Maur but he still gets to keep them. I am extremely greatful for the things she buys my son because he has not only 2 parents but 4 parents who love him greatly! Grow up and learn to be thankful and stop making your children suffer..

lesliemck86
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM
You're a mean one....mr. grinch!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)