Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DD is spending x-mas with her boyfriend and his family instead of us

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and I can't help but feel sad. It is going to be the first year that we are not all together. I mean I knew it was going to happen eventually that they would not always be her for christmas but I still can't help but feel sad. His family lives two states over so they are driving there to see them. Last year they were with us so I know it is only fair but I am still sad. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM
My parents had trouble when I moved away. I felt so bad and I dread this one day
danie24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww, you're little girl is growing up. 

Thank you for making me stop and be thankful that my oldest is only 8 years old!

((((HUGS))))) to you. I hope you have a fantastic Xmas!

barneysaid
by Gold Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM
:(
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I'm sure my mom felt the same way when my husband and I were dating and he brought me up here to meet his family for Thanksgiving. It's hard to watch your children grow up and start their own traditions. I'll be dealing with that in a few short years, I"m sure!

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I live almost 600 miles from my family so I am dreading the thought of my kids possibly doing the same thing one day. It's hard to let go!

Quoting jb0520: My parents had trouble when I moved away. I felt so bad and I dread this one day

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I haven't spent an Xmas with my family for like 4 years..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I'm very fortunate that my boyfriend's family celebrates on Christmas Eve and we celebrate on Christmas, so there's no major decisions about who's house we are going to. I'm sorry. 

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I don't know, for me it would make more sense I've they were engaged. It's does happen though. My sisters do every other holiday with us which is very rough on my parents. Luckily we live in the same town as my parents and my DH'S mom who has always celebrated on Christmas eve or the day after Christmas.
Texasladybug84
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM
At least she's not skipping it with her family to go hang out with friends.. Like my brother has last couple of years.....
suzanneyea
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting suzanneyea:

How old is she?

Is she away at college? I. Would want my kids to come home after being away all semester. At least for part of the vacation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)