Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DD is spending x-mas with her boyfriend and his family instead of us

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and I can't help but feel sad. It is going to be the first year that we are not all together. I mean I knew it was going to happen eventually that they would not always be her for christmas but I still can't help but feel sad. His family lives two states over so they are driving there to see them. Last year they were with us so I know it is only fair but I am still sad. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Replies (111-113):
mericanbelle18
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Oh well coming here will be a big change lol

Quoting Anonymous: Central Ontario :) it's very snowy/icy here lol

Quoting mericanbelle18: Where are yall from?:) it sure is warm here in SC:) haha

Quoting Anonymous: I'm sure my mom is feeling like that this year. We're packing dd up and heading to SC to spend Christmas with the in-laws. We've always gone to my mom's house for Christmas, this will be the first year ever not going at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Yeah. I've been there a few times. It's nice there. But as much of a pain in the ass the snow maybe, I couldn't live without it lol

Quoting mericanbelle18: Oh well coming here will be a big change lol

Quoting Anonymous: Central Ontario :) it's very snowy/icy here lol

Quoting mericanbelle18: Where are yall from?:) it sure is warm here in SC:) haha

Quoting Anonymous: I'm sure my mom is feeling like that this year. We're packing dd up and heading to SC to spend Christmas with the in-laws. We've always gone to my mom's house for Christmas, this will be the first year ever not going at all.
Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by Samantha on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I think you are taking it amazingly well. Is there anyway you can just do a family dinner/lunch after they get back from his families house? I have Christmas at my house every year. This year my mom cannot make it over so we will just have a celebration with her a different day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)