Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DD is spending x-mas with her boyfriend and his family instead of us

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and I can't help but feel sad. It is going to be the first year that we are not all together. I mean I knew it was going to happen eventually that they would not always be her for christmas but I still can't help but feel sad. His family lives two states over so they are driving there to see them. Last year they were with us so I know it is only fair but I am still sad. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Yes

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

Is she an adult?  

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Yeah thats a bummer.  I have two grown kids and I am glad we are still spending the holidays together this year.

Their gfs are coming over here.

Sorry mama.  Maybe they will switch off years, or come over on the weekend to celebrate?  You can make a family celebration any day you like!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

Is she an adult?  

Grnyann65
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I have 4 children. When they were small, things were perfect...for me. All of my babies were home, and whoever else showed up was more than welcome. Now, my babies are all grown, and the all have other places they need to be. So, I'm making dinner, telling them when it will be fresh out of the oven, and hoping all show, but will still be happy if any of them do. Ch ch ch ch changes...

MamaK88
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM

OK...so she's spending December 25th at his family's house.  What's the big deal?  Do you Xmas with her on a different day.  

I'll never understand folks who can only celebrate holidays *on* the calendar day.  

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:41 PM

hugs Mama. 

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I could never imagine not spending christmas with my mom! Hugs!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM
My mother feels the same way. It's my first Christmas with my SO and our kids... She and my sister are both upset... :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. I can see how you're annoyed. It's just a boyfriend and she's blowing you off like that. Look at it this way...next year they probably will have broken up. Kids are like this. I remember my teenage romances I took too seriously and how I ignored a few family events for boyfriends. I cringe looking back on that, but that's just how it is at that age.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I think the big deal is it's just a boyfriend. He isn't family and she's neglecting her real family for him.

Quoting MamaK88:

OK...so she's spending December 25th at his family's house.  What's the big deal?  Do you Xmas with her on a different day.  

I'll never understand folks who can only celebrate holidays *on* the calendar day.  

Caidysmom
by MindyM on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Awe I am dreading the day... Hugs to you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN