Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Santa, Are you real? If you are real please write back. ** UPDATE CHRISTMAS DAY**

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 231 Replies
55 moms liked this

I found a letter written by my seven year old to Santa asking if he was real and to write her back. I have given it some deep thoughts what to write... 

So here is what I wrote that will be placed with her present on Christmas Day. What do you think?

---------------------------------------------

Dear Makenzie,

Thank you for your letter asking if I am real. I want you to know that this is a very good and important question.

The Christmas season one time a year brings excitement and joy to children, adults, and even pets around the world. The spirit of Christmas is to believe that throughout the year, we have done our best to do good things, to be good, and to celebrate the goodness we have done. Believing in yourself is the most important thing ever. If you do not believe in yourself, you will miss out on many good opportunities to see good things in your life.

Indeed Santa watches you everyday. Sees you when you are sleeping, when you are awake, when you are good, and when you are bad. Santa is the person that loves you the most and takes care of you when you are sick, gives you hugs when you are feeling down.

There will be many people in your life that will come and go, some will stay for a long time. Who is the most important people to you Makenzie? Who loves you more than anyone else in the world? Who loves giving you gifts and sometimes surprises?

The people that matter most is your family. You will never find greater love from anyone else. Your family loves you everyday regardless if you are good or bad. Remember this, it should matter most the people that love you most.

Love,

Santa

**** UPDATE ***

She got the letter this morning and read it to her daddy, they woke me up after they pulled the stockings down. It appears she is not ready to accept Santa is not real. I think she knows deep inside, but wants to believe and continue to believe. We have decided to just go with the flow.  I will probably present the letter again next year and the year after that until she is ready :) 

That is the update, for now, Santa is real :)

by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM

BUMP!

sunflower970
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM
3 moms liked this
Love it
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM

ya know that was a hard letter to write :O

Quoting sunflower970: Love it

sunflower970
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
11 moms liked this
I bet.. I love how you were referring to yourself as Santa without tellin the secret

Quoting thetrollcat:

abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Thumbs up
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Love it!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I was lol it was kina hard :O

Quoting sunflower970: I bet.. I love how you were referring to yourself as Santa without tellin the secret

Quoting thetrollcat:

sunflower970
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Well great job momma

Quoting thetrollcat:

I was lol it was kina hard :O

Quoting sunflower970: I bet.. I love how you were referring to yourself as Santa without tellin the secret

Quoting thetrollcat:

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:37 PM
5 moms liked this
Obviously well thought out and written with love
Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Aw that is really sweet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured