Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dear Santa, Are you real? If you are real please write back. ** UPDATE CHRISTMAS DAY**

Posted by   + Show Post

I found a letter written by my seven year old to Santa asking if he was real and to write her back. I have given it some deep thoughts what to write... 

So here is what I wrote that will be placed with her present on Christmas Day. What do you think?

---------------------------------------------

Dear Makenzie,

Thank you for your letter asking if I am real. I want you to know that this is a very good and important question.

The Christmas season one time a year brings excitement and joy to children, adults, and even pets around the world. The spirit of Christmas is to believe that throughout the year, we have done our best to do good things, to be good, and to celebrate the goodness we have done. Believing in yourself is the most important thing ever. If you do not believe in yourself, you will miss out on many good opportunities to see good things in your life.

Indeed Santa watches you everyday. Sees you when you are sleeping, when you are awake, when you are good, and when you are bad. Santa is the person that loves you the most and takes care of you when you are sick, gives you hugs when you are feeling down.

There will be many people in your life that will come and go, some will stay for a long time. Who is the most important people to you Makenzie? Who loves you more than anyone else in the world? Who loves giving you gifts and sometimes surprises?

The people that matter most is your family. You will never find greater love from anyone else. Your family loves you everyday regardless if you are good or bad. Remember this, it should matter most the people that love you most.

Love,

Santa

**** UPDATE ***

She got the letter this morning and read it to her daddy, they woke me up after they pulled the stockings down. It appears she is not ready to accept Santa is not real. I think she knows deep inside, but wants to believe and continue to believe. We have decided to just go with the flow.  I will probably present the letter again next year and the year after that until she is ready :) 

That is the update, for now, Santa is real :)

by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
jenny3344
by Silver Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Love it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Whats going on with you? Youre getting soft here lately.
Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Well ever is a word too. Lol. It was sold correctly.

Quoting thetrollcat:

stupid spell checker didnt even catch it :|

Quoting Bknotnobody: Glad you're not offended. (:

Quoting thetrollcat:

LOL now is a good time for spelling nazis LOL

I fixed it

Quoting Bknotnobody: If that's typed up before you print I'd make sure to edit ever to every day.

It's cute otherwise (: I like how you did that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Okie-chick
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Good
Okie-chick
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Uhm it's her kid

Quoting Anonymous: Whats going on with you? Youre getting soft here lately.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM

well so far both my girls have handled it differently. There is no one way to do this... I think me personally, i grew up in a shitty home so I was really hurt and very upset when my mom told me. She did however, allowed me to take over Santa duty for my siblings which helped.

My oldest is 18 and when I told her oh she was pissed!!! It wasnt so much Santa didn't exist, she was pissed we lied to her! It took her months to get over that :O I was like damn I think I will not be so extreme with our next haha. Then comes our seven year old... I played along but this time I didnt really brag or talk about Santa, Id only bring it up if she did... I was a little worried she would also be mad... Instead this is how she is handling it. I think she is kina heartbroken.....

Quoting sunflower970: When we grew up I don't remember ever really believing.. I'm sure I did when I was extremely little but my grandparents (who raised us) bought gifts throughout the month and wrapped them and stuck them under the tree right away.. So I knew they were "Santa"
With my kids, we buy gifts and put them under the tree but on Christmas even put the gifts Santa brought..
Soooo.. What I'm gettin at.. (lol) is I'm not sure how I will handle that situation when it comes

Quoting thetrollcat:

she already asked me last month about Santa, told her the truth :O But I guess that wasnt good enough :O She is still questioning santa... I think I should have just done this approach in the first place I dunno :|

Quoting sunflower970: Well great job momma

Quoting thetrollcat:

I was lol it was kina hard :O

Quoting sunflower970: I bet.. I love how you were referring to yourself as Santa without tellin the secret

Quoting thetrollcat:

ya know that was a hard letter to write :O

Quoting sunflower970: Love it

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww! That's awesome. I need to write a letter from Santa too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Well first of all its Christmas!

Secondly I am still *coughs* humon

Thirdly, I can be nice now and then :D

Quoting Anonymous: Whats going on with you? Youre getting soft here lately.

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Very nice letter :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gina6239
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a good letter, but at seven I would not be ready for her to find out the truth. I would probably go over the top and write her a letter simply stating that yes, I am real. I would also do extra things like leave snowy boot prints around the house and other things like that to ensure that she still believes, but that is just me. If you think she is ready, then I do think it is a beautifully written letter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN