Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They need a warrant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
Another post got me thinking about my own experience with cps a few years ago.

When someone makes false allegations against you should you not cooperate with cps? The articles I am reading are saying you should not let them into your house without a warrant and hire a barracuda of a lawyer. During my experience I did everything they asked and then some. I spent most of the day with my case worker, she was actually a lovely woman.

What are your experiences? Would you call a lawyer it invite them in?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:11 AM

I was told that by my case worker that she would go to the school and remove the kids until I cooperated with her.  And that the police and judge were on her side.  She's a bitch and I hope to never see her again.

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:13 AM

I've never dealt with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Wow. Mine told me if I didn't cooperate she would have to involve the police but that is procedure and I really feel she was just making sure my children were safe. It all amounted to nothing but if they had tried to take my kids I have no doubt I would have gone to jail.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was told that by my case worker that she would go to the school and remove the kids until I cooperated with her.  And that the police and judge were on her side.  She's a bitch and I hope to never see her again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I never thought I would have to deal with them. But I was also a teen mom so many people felt I was too naive to parent correctly.

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I've never dealt with them.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Thankfully never have had to deal w them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:19 AM
If they showed up would you invite them in or call a lawyer?

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86: Thankfully never have had to deal w them.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:21 AM
I think let the in only bc I would be prepared. That's if I answered the door....

If dh was home he'd tell them fuck off n he'd get a lawyer. That's just him though.

Quoting Anonymous: If they showed up would you invite them in or call a lawyer?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:23 AM
They showed up at my door and I let them in. Someone called and told them my kids were neglected all because they didn't have winter jackets on!! Of course CPS investigated but closed the case after talking with my kids, school, pediatrician. The worker was very nice and I got a letter about 2 weeks later saying the accusations were unsubstantiated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:24 AM
Lol mine would have done the same. Luckily he was out if town or things might have gone differently. She seemed surprised that I was so willing to cooperate but I had nothing to hide.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86: I think let the in only bc I would be prepared. That's if I answered the door....

If dh was home he'd tell them fuck off n he'd get a lawyer. That's just him though.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:26 AM
That's how I feel. But I also get dhs side. I'm just thankful we haven't had to worry

Quoting Anonymous: Lol mine would have done the same. Luckily he was out if town or things might have gone differently. She seemed surprised that I was so willing to cooperate but I had nothing to hide.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86: I think let the in only bc I would be prepared. That's if I answered the door....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)