Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Screw you keurig!!

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:45 AM
  • 65 Replies
1 mom liked this
How the hell do I make this thing make me coffee??!!!

There's water. I pushed the freaking power button. I put a pod thingy in it. The two blue lights are on for the cup sizes (I guess that's what they are?). I pushed the smaller cup button.....

And nothing! It hisses every few minutes. But fuck. Give me coffee!!!!

Lol. I hate this thing. I'm at work and desperately need caffeine. I've been here since 7 pm and still have about 2 hrs left.

This was my bosses Xmas gift to us all. We use to have a regular ol coffee pot. I miss it. Because I'm too dense to operate this fancy shit!

I'm one of those people that go to Starbucks and tell the person behind the counter "I just want a small coffee flavored coffee. That's it....just coffee flavored coffee".

Help a tired idiot out this morning ladies. What am I missing here?!
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Lift the lid and the lights have to be blinking for it to come on .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Take the pod out. Close the thing. Lift it and put the pod back in-be sure there is a cup under there and you should be good to go. The blue light on the brew button needs to be blinking.

AustinsMommy007
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:47 AM
I don't have a clue here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Funny as hell. I am giving my staff a Keurig today for Christmas! I guess I will give lessons too!

RadnRem
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:51 AM
3 moms liked this
Omg. I love you all. It's actually doing things. And sounds scary as hell while doing it....but I see lovely liquid coming out into my cup now.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL lol

Dang. The small cup button doesn't make very much at all, does it?

It sounds like it's gonna blow up in my face!
RadnRem
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Yes. Please have mercy on your employees and give lessons lol.

I just kept thinking, "push it's a coffee pot. I'll push the on button. How hard can it be?"

Apparently pretty effing hard. Lol stupid keurig

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny as hell. I am giving my staff a Keurig today for Christmas! I guess I will give lessons too!

MrsNewman
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:55 AM

You can't put the kcup in until the water is done heating up. Then hit the size button. So what you need to do now, is open and close where you put the kcup so that it thinks you changed cups out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Just a heads up...you need to de-scale it monthly for mineral build up or it will break down on you. Fill the tank with vinegar, run it through, then run through with water until all the vinegar is flushed out.

I love my Keurig!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:57 AM
The small cup is for a little tea cup, the large one is a regular coffe mug.

Quoting RadnRem: Omg. I love you all. It's actually doing things. And sounds scary as hell while doing it....but I see lovely liquid coming out into my cup now.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL lol

Dang. The small cup button doesn't make very much at all, does it?

It sounds like it's gonna blow up in my face!
RadnRem
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:00 AM
It's our break room coffee maker. I feel like I should leave that job for the daytime people that actually know how to operate it lol.

I'm such a jerk. I even stole my coworkers creamer. I mean, only like a couple tablespoons. But still....I'm a creamer thief.

Quoting Anonymous: Just a heads up...you need to de-scale it monthly for mineral build up or it will break down on you. Fill the tank with vinegar, run it through, then run through with water until all the vinegar is flushed out.

I love my Keurig!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN