Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is anyone else like this when it comes to alcohol?

Posted by   + Show Post
If I just have one or two drinks, I can clean and clean and clean. I don't know why. Maybe all the work doesn't seem so overwhelming when I am buzzed.

I have a lot to do tonight between cleaning, cooking, and wrapping gifts. My plan is to grab a beer or a glass of wine as soon as I come home from work to get it all done.
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Replies (21-30):
sarasunshine99
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM

If I have a sip of alcohol, I'm off to bed.  It truly does nothing for me except make me tired!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Nope I just get horney
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Cleaning the house is more fun when you've had a couple.

TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Are you a perfectionist when it comes to cleaning?

It is always hard for me to get started because I know that I will expect everything to be perfect and sanitized. I think the alcohol allows me to get going and not worry about that.

Quoting SommelierMom: That exact thing happens to me, usually on my second drink.
kzoboe
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Hmmm... I have never really gottent he urge to clean after a couple drinks, maybe I'll try it sometime!!  Merry Christmas!

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Lol I just love wine and hate cleaning so I figured that was why it made cleaning easier.
mom4awesomekids
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM
No it just helps me relax but I can't drink much anymore due to my new medication.
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Not now that I am old and rarely drinking - my tolerance level dropped to zilch.  One glass of sangria on Saturday and I passed out.

However I am downing coffee this morning in hopes it will motivate me :/

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Eh, I love to clean in general. I dont drink in front of dd. I dont really drink at all period. I might have pina coladas in the pool. That's the extent

I wonder if there is a Christmas pina colada!
countrymomma81
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM

No, not with the cleaning. For me that happens when I'm on the phone, lol! I can sit around all day but the minute I get on the phone I'm running around like crazy cleaning counters, folding clothes, scrubbing the bathroom. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)