Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is anyone else like this when it comes to alcohol?

Posted by   + Show Post
If I just have one or two drinks, I can clean and clean and clean. I don't know why. Maybe all the work doesn't seem so overwhelming when I am buzzed.

I have a lot to do tonight between cleaning, cooking, and wrapping gifts. My plan is to grab a beer or a glass of wine as soon as I come home from work to get it all done.
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Replies (41-50):
Aliceinwildland
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Lol, no. I was only like that with Weed, but I haven't done that in a long time. I'd smoke a bowl and get everything done and not even realize it, lol.

I do use wine as an incentive while cleaning though. If I get whatever done, I'll have a couple glasses of wine, and that usually helps me get through it pretty fast, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I could die if I have more than one, but I do miss it.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Lol, alcohol has never made me clean.. Pain pills on the other hand.. I know they make a lot of people sleepy, but not me. I dont always have them, but whenever my kidney starts acting up thats what I get.. Probably a few times a year. And after taking one Im cleaning like a maniac.. then, of course, when it wears off im like ohhhh myyyy godddddd, what did I do!!owwwwwwwwww.. lol..

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I always figured weed made everyone sleepy.. My husbands uncle smokes for pain relief, and when he came to visit us for a week (they live across country) he would go off and smoke, then come in and scrub the shit out of my house! Im talking oven, floors, etc.. Man.. I miss him being here, lol.

Quoting Aliceinwildland:

Lol, no. I was only like that with Weed, but I haven't done that in a long time. I'd smoke a bowl and get everything done and not even realize it, lol.

I do use wine as an incentive while cleaning though. If I get whatever done, I'll have a couple glasses of wine, and that usually helps me get through it pretty fast, lol.

theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM

It is something in alcohol that get your adrenaline going. I swear when I get a buzz I can sit down or shut up. 

Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Drink one for me. I got in a car accident and can't drink with all of the meds im on.

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Not I.

I just get hot and horny....lol.

Aliceinwildland
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM

It depends on the type you smoke, but it mostly depends on the person. I'm lazier now, not smoking weed, than I was when I was smoking weed. I couldn't sit still and I always had to be doing something. The only reason I don't smoke it, is because its federally illegal, and I have too much to lose.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

I always figured weed made everyone sleepy.. My husbands uncle smokes for pain relief, and when he came to visit us for a week (they live across country) he would go off and smoke, then come in and scrub the shit out of my house! Im talking oven, floors, etc.. Man.. I miss him being here, lol.

Quoting Aliceinwildland:

rockinmomto2
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I think clearer and I'm quite a bit calmer after a drink or two at home. For me, alcohol lessens the impact of my anxiety.

piesmama09
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM

If I have to much as one drink everything is &^*%$ funny as hell an then I fall asleep. It's awful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN