Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've seen a lot of posts in here the last few days about whether or not a particular activity is inappropriate between a father and his daughter and it seems like a lot of you ladies find almost everything inappropriate.

I am talking about bath time, co-sleeping, snuggling on the couch- blanket vs no blanket, tickling, showing affection..etc. (Normal parenting activities)

I even saw on here once where a bunch of women wouldn't even leave their husbands alone with their daughter(s), no reason to suspect anything inappropriate, just being cautious.

Why? 

Does it apply to fathers and sons as well?

At what age do fathers stop being allowed to interact with their daughters at all?

I have a hard time with this mentality. Someone explain it to me.

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Quoting faire_jour:

I agree. I think it is completely insane. If you can't trust your husband to not rape your daughter, why did you have a child with him?!? Dads should be equally involved with their daughters as mothers, that is how girls grow up to be healthy women. Anything that a mother can do with a daughter, a father can do without it being weird (as long as both parties are comfortable).

good

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

It could be they were molested as a child or knew someone that was.This type of  trauma can make it hard to trust anyone when you grow up.

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM
3 moms liked this

I trust my DH, 100%. If there were ANY doubt in my mind, I wouldn't have had kids with him.

Now, no. I would never leave for a week and leave him alone with the kids (unless it was a business thing..I'm talking, just because) but that is because I would miss them, and the crazy mother in me wouldn't leave them alone with anyone that long, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't understand it either. I know one person that acts like that in real life and I'm always asking her "why would you be with someone you can't trust around their own kids?" It's crazy.I was molested when I was little and extremely cautious when it comes to my kids and I have no problem leaving them alone with their dad or them snuggling with them. I snuggle with them and no one thinks a thing about it so why is it different for him? A lot of my friends let my husband babysit their kids too when we go out for girls' night. One friend even went on a week long trip with me and her 3 kids, one if which was a girl, stayed with my husband and my kids the entire week. Lol..poor man :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. My father is a single father and to this day is my best friend. For people to insinuate that a relationship with a daughter and her father can't be the same as between daughter and mother is just strange to me.

Quoting faire_jour:

I agree. I think it is completely insane. If you can't trust your husband to not rape your daughter, why did you have a child with him?!? Dads should be equally involved with their daughters as mothers, that is how girls grow up to be healthy women. Anything that a mother can do with a daughter, a father can do without it being weird (as long as both parties are comfortable).

KMadsen
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Makes no sense to me. 

Mommy2-3181
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Eh my husband does everything with our 6 yr old dd that I would do.no big deal

JessMc33
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't get it at all either, it's sad how paranoia people are. My daughter and her dad wrestle, tickle, cuddle, it's great to see that bond between them.
-_-
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting -_-:

I don't get it either.

And why be with a man that you don't trust with your own children?

YES! That was my other thought. =D

But I bet a lot of these are the same women that cry leave if the man isn't coming home and taking over things.

Poor dudes don't know if they're coming or going.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont get it eaither. I was raised by a sahd. I loved my snuggle time with my dad growing up and I would trade a min of my childhood for anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN