Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've seen a lot of posts in here the last few days about whether or not a particular activity is inappropriate between a father and his daughter and it seems like a lot of you ladies find almost everything inappropriate.

I am talking about bath time, co-sleeping, snuggling on the couch- blanket vs no blanket, tickling, showing affection..etc. (Normal parenting activities)

I even saw on here once where a bunch of women wouldn't even leave their husbands alone with their daughter(s), no reason to suspect anything inappropriate, just being cautious.

Why? 

Does it apply to fathers and sons as well?

At what age do fathers stop being allowed to interact with their daughters at all?

I have a hard time with this mentality. Someone explain it to me.

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Replies (21-30):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM
3 moms liked this

I agree with you.  My daughter (just turned 13 yesterday) had a seizure at school last Thursday and was sent to the ER via ambulance.  My husband beat me there and was in the room when they took off her shirt to put on the heart monitors.  She still had her shirt on, but should he not have been there?  She was crying and confused.  I cannot imagine him leaving the room because he is her dad.  Ridiculous!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM
3 moms liked this
And what about moms and sons? Such a double standard
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

I agree with you.  My daughter (just turned 13 yesterday) had a seizure at school last Thursday and was sent to the ER via ambulance.  My husband beat me there and was in the room when they took off her shirt to put on the heart monitors.  She still had her shirt on, but should he not have been there?  She was crying and confused.  I cannot imagine him leaving the room because he is her dad.  Ridiculous!

Exactly! My mother was ill when I was growing up. My dad took me to my woman's appts, helped me pick out my first bra and bought me my first pads! Just because he was my father doesn't mean that I didn't NEED him!

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

Mocha.Maya.Me
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I was molested and while I understand some women fear,  and need to protect their daughters from it possibly happening to them also.   Most go way over board,  and are causing what I believe can be possibly detrimental harm to their childs relationship with their fathers/daddy. 

It's sad to think they see a possible sex offender everywhere,  even in the man they married.

Be a premium gourmet coffee-drinking individual-espresso yourself!

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM
4 moms liked this

I do not understand it either. I have a pretty traumatic history of sexual abuse, and I don't even freak out about it. Know why? Because i would not have married a man and had his children, if I thought he was capable of destroying something as beautiful as a child's innocence. 

I am extremely cautious about who I allow access to my children, but had I thought my husband, or his family, were capable of hurting a child, I would not have married him.  He loves his children, and does everything in his power to make them safe and happy. So why would I feel the need to worry about that at all?  Now, if god forbid, someday my children show signes of abuse, and I think it is at the hands of my husband, I would get them out of the situation. But until then, I know I chose well when I chose him as my life and parenting partner. So I am not going to deny my children the gift of an active and loving father, just because I have chosen to borrow trouble.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM

You know, I never once thought anything my husband and daughter was inappropriate. 

erin708
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
These women are sick to even think these thoughts. Why have children with a man u wouldn't trust around them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM
4 moms liked this

I was sexually abused by my father & don't even live my life like so many do in here not trusting their DH, their child's father, w/their daughters.

My DH is a very hands on dad, him and the kids wrestle & tickle, hug & snuggle.  I have a boy (13) and girl (9).

My DD hates being in the bathroom alone when she showers, I mean hates it.  She fell once & was alone & is now terrified.  So she wants one of us in the bathroom while she showers, many times she wants daddy.  He's gone a lot so she gets as much time w/him as possible.  He isn't in the shower but in the bathroom.  He will play games on his nook while they chit chat about the day or games or books, lol. 

She will still climb into bed w/us, heck so does my 13yr old.  We lay around & watch movies & all fall asleep.

I fail to see the issue, I find it weird & no wonder so many feel messed up or have daddy issues :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I agree!

crazymom21
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Craziness is the only explanation. My girls are big daddy's girls. The relationship a girl has with her father is very important. It shapes how she views other men and insures she is less likely to end up with a creep later in life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN