Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've seen a lot of posts in here the last few days about whether or not a particular activity is inappropriate between a father and his daughter and it seems like a lot of you ladies find almost everything inappropriate.

I am talking about bath time, co-sleeping, snuggling on the couch- blanket vs no blanket, tickling, showing affection..etc. (Normal parenting activities)

I even saw on here once where a bunch of women wouldn't even leave their husbands alone with their daughter(s), no reason to suspect anything inappropriate, just being cautious.

Why? 

Does it apply to fathers and sons as well?

At what age do fathers stop being allowed to interact with their daughters at all?

I have a hard time with this mentality. Someone explain it to me.

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Replies (31-40):
AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't get it either. My daughter is my husband's "little pumpkin". I married a man that can be trusted and is an exceptional father. He and my daughter have a great relationship. He has forged a better relationship with our son once he was done breast feeding. Now they are buds.
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM

This mentality creeps me out. I trust my DH with OUR daughter 100%. I wouldn't have had kids with him if I didn't. I think the problem lies with the moms in this because they come across as though they are sexualizing a relationship that shouldn't be sexualized. Does that make sense? Having a hard time typing what I am thinking.... Not enough coffee yet. :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I think people just want to be safe honestly. If your bf or dh is a child molester or pedophile they probably aren't going to come right out and tell you
cindilou13
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a hard time with it too.  As long as you have open communication & honesty within your household and between yourself and your children there should not be an issue or even opportunity for abuse.  Healthy body images and healthy relationships later all stem from what you see and do in childhood and as you mature. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous: I think people just want to be safe honestly. If your bf or dh is a child molester or pedophile they probably aren't going to come right out and tell you

But they are ruining the relationship between that father and his daughter.

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Oh goodness! Is she okay?

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

I agree with you.  My daughter (just turned 13 yesterday) had a seizure at school last Thursday and was sent to the ER via ambulance.  My husband beat me there and was in the room when they took off her shirt to put on the heart monitors.  She still had her shirt on, but should he not have been there?  She was crying and confused.  I cannot imagine him leaving the room because he is her dad.  Ridiculous!

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM

The only thing we limit is nudity near the opposite gendered parent when the kid is about 5.  Although we start tapering off at about two and a half.

I do not understand limiting dad from innocent activities just because he has a penis.

Rockabella
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Idk I trust dh with our kids it's not an issue here.

I would feel sad for my kids if their dad never held them or gave them hugs or had tickle fights
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I don't understand that all. DH cuddles, tickles,snuggles, bathes, changes diapers, hugs, kisses, etc with all 3 of our girls and I have 0 need to worry about it. I can't understand why you would procreate with a man you couldn't trust.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I strongly believe a father teaches a very strong lesson in love. How to treat others as a perceived dominant force, and how they should be treated by anyone who loves them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)