Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've seen a lot of posts in here the last few days about whether or not a particular activity is inappropriate between a father and his daughter and it seems like a lot of you ladies find almost everything inappropriate.

I am talking about bath time, co-sleeping, snuggling on the couch- blanket vs no blanket, tickling, showing affection..etc. (Normal parenting activities)

I even saw on here once where a bunch of women wouldn't even leave their husbands alone with their daughter(s), no reason to suspect anything inappropriate, just being cautious.

Why? 

Does it apply to fathers and sons as well?

At what age do fathers stop being allowed to interact with their daughters at all?

I have a hard time with this mentality. Someone explain it to me.

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Replies (391-392):
angiepangie727
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 6:15 AM

She said CHANGES, not stopping. Like, yeah, a 16 year old and a 6 year old cuddle different anyway...ya know?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting ursy:

I think this way of thinking is very sad.  And not good for daughters.  At a certain age, say in the teens, certainly there need to be changes in cuddling and physical closeness.  But even then, it should never preclude hugs and time together.  But for young children, hugs and cuddling and snuggling are a must.  Not only with Mom but with Dad as well.  If I were with a man I couldn't trust to be alone with my young daugher I would leave him instantly. 

There are so many extreme responses to normal activities in our society at the moment.  I think we all watch too many reality tv shows or too much media, period.  Let's turn off the tubes and start to regain our common sense.  Young children, boys as well as girls, need alone, snuggly, close, cuddly time with Dad.

Why must the cuddling stop when the daughter is a teenager? My mother was very ill when I was growing up and sometimes those cuddles with my dad, even as a teenager, were the only thing keeping me sane. I am glad that he didn't push me away or say it was inappropriate.

Diane1223
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:38 PM
I think that this is ridiculous...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured