Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought DD 3 "big" presents :( is this excessive?

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 247 Replies

By no means do I think the holidays are about presents. I firmly believe kids should get only ONE big present but I couldn't decide.. I got my dd a Minnie Mouse toddler bed(which she asked 4 and has been asking 4 for several mos and actually needs), a kitchen set and a cozy coupe car(to encourage imaginative play). Should I hold out until after the holidays and spread out her presents? I also bought her some small presents like doll accessories etc.

Edit: ok I asked other friends and family and they thought it was excessive which is why I posted this. The negative comments are mind blowing. I came here for advice and people are questioning my parenting. I guess this isn't the place to come for advice. I'll know better next time....

Edit: also the 1st time I posted this it didn't go through so I rewrote it and mistakenly left some info out about having a hard time deciding. Thanks to all the moms with kind words. No idea this post about my indecisiveness would generate so many responses!! Merry Christmas:)

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Is this post serious?

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:02 PM
11 moms liked this

I dont think any of those are excessive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Huh? If you bought them for Christmas she gets them for Christmas. Why buy something for Christmas if you arent going to give it to her. YOU bought it when YOU knew YOUR rule! Wtf

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM
5 moms liked this
Dude. If you can't make your own decision about presents and when to give them, then you aren't ready to be a parent, period.
lee2362
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I edited the post when i realized i didnt explain thoroughly. i couldnt decide on which big one. Quoting Anonymous:

Huh? If you bought them for Christmas she gets them for Christmas. Why buy something for Christmas if you arent going to give it to her. YOU bought it when YOU knew YOUR rule! Wtf

lucille.bluth
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM
3 moms liked this

They are physically big gifts but really not that expensive. Just give them all to her. I thought this was going to be about presents that were $100+ each. 

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Who said the rule was ONLY one big present? I guess I missed that rule w/my kids, oops.

Anyway, if YOU aren't comfortable giving all that then done but if YOU want to then do.  Why care what everyone else thinks?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM
LOL!

Quoting Anonymous: Dude. If you can't make your own decision about presents and when to give them, then you aren't ready to be a parent, period.
lee2362
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM
6 moms liked this

Lol. It's people like you that make me wonder. Was that really necessary? Thanks but no thanks

Quoting Anonymous: Dude. If you can't make your own decision about presents and when to give them, then you aren't ready to be a parent, period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM
3 moms liked this
A cheap plastic bed and two toys? Not excessive at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN