Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought DD 3 "big" presents :( is this excessive?

Posted by   + Show Post

By no means do I think the holidays are about presents. I firmly believe kids should get only ONE big present but I couldn't decide.. I got my dd a Minnie Mouse toddler bed(which she asked 4 and has been asking 4 for several mos and actually needs), a kitchen set and a cozy coupe car(to encourage imaginative play). Should I hold out until after the holidays and spread out her presents? I also bought her some small presents like doll accessories etc.

Edit: ok I asked other friends and family and they thought it was excessive which is why I posted this. The negative comments are mind blowing. I came here for advice and people are questioning my parenting. I guess this isn't the place to come for advice. I'll know better next time....

Edit: also the 1st time I posted this it didn't go through so I rewrote it and mistakenly left some info out about having a hard time deciding. Thanks to all the moms with kind words. No idea this post about my indecisiveness would generate so many responses!! Merry Christmas:)

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
melly_v88
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM
You buy your kids whatever you want. There are no rules or "too excessive" toys.
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah.. I'm thinking you're not aware of what a "big" gift is to most of us.

You can give them all she will be fine
twinners.mama
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Quoting anyotherday:

I dont think any of those are excessive.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this

You are fine. the bed is a necessity really.. Have a merry chirstmas :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Who made the "one big present" rule? What's considered a "big present". Just give them all to her, lol. 

sweet_misery
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM
A bed is a need. Sure you can give it for a gift but I wouldn't count it. Do you feel you went overboard?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Huh?
ocraven43
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My three year old will need a room just for her toys, really its Christmas.

anitarichman
by Anita on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM

She's your kid, you do as you want.

LSeabolt1982
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont think those are too big. The bed is a need and I would even consider that a gift lol. The other two arent that excessive. My son got his cozy coupe on a Monday for no reason. HA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)