Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought DD 3 "big" presents :( is this excessive?

Posted by   + Show Post

By no means do I think the holidays are about presents. I firmly believe kids should get only ONE big present but I couldn't decide.. I got my dd a Minnie Mouse toddler bed(which she asked 4 and has been asking 4 for several mos and actually needs), a kitchen set and a cozy coupe car(to encourage imaginative play). Should I hold out until after the holidays and spread out her presents? I also bought her some small presents like doll accessories etc.

Edit: ok I asked other friends and family and they thought it was excessive which is why I posted this. The negative comments are mind blowing. I came here for advice and people are questioning my parenting. I guess this isn't the place to come for advice. I'll know better next time....

Edit: also the 1st time I posted this it didn't go through so I rewrote it and mistakenly left some info out about having a hard time deciding. Thanks to all the moms with kind words. No idea this post about my indecisiveness would generate so many responses!! Merry Christmas:)

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Replies (21-30):
choaspartyof4
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I'm wondering why this is even a question? Strange honesty. And yes I would give her all of it.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont think young children notice big or small gifts, its just something that they like so its all big to them. Im sure its fine to give all three at once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Necessary? No. But you're going to come across issues that require a lot more thought process than this, so I would practice now with the small things.

Quoting lee2362:

Lol. It's people like you that make me wonder. Was that really necessary? Thanks but no thanks

Quoting Anonymous: Dude. If you can't make your own decision about presents and when to give them, then you aren't ready to be a parent, period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Necessary? No. But you're going to come across issues that require a lot more thought process than this, so I would practice now with the small things.

Quoting lee2362:

Lol. It's people like you that make me wonder. Was that really necessary? Thanks but no thanks

Quoting Anonymous: Dude. If you can't make your own decision about presents and when to give them, then you aren't ready to be a parent, period.

LSeabolt1982
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I didnt see where people were questioning you. If anything the majority agress with you.

Quoting lee2362:

By no means do I think the holidays are about presents. I firmly believe kids should get only ONE big present but I couldn't decide.. I got my dd a Minnie Mouse toddler bed(which she asked 4 and has been asking 4 for several mos and actually needs), a kitchen set and a cozy coupe car(to encourage imaginative play). Should I hold out until after the holidays and spread out her presents? I also bought her some small presents like doll accessories etc.

Edit: ok I asked other friends and family and they thought it was excessive which is why I posted this. The negative comments are mind blowing. I came here for advice and people are questioning my parenting. I guess this isn't the place to come for advice. I'll know better next time....

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I know I dont know why ppl are getting on OP. She said they dont go overboard. But agree bed imho is really not technically a gift. You are fine. And for everyone else she said not the only things ..there are smaller things too.
mama111609
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

If this is excessive...then what my DS is getting is waaay out of line.

He is getting:

A ride on bulldozer (posted a pic in another post), and easy bake oven, an engine he can build with his dad, an atm machine, a batman house, some figures and accessories to go with the batman house, a pack of 6 of marvel superheros (they are pretty big ones), a monster truck wii game, a monster truck race thing, that is also a case, a playdough ice cream maker set (this is what he asked for) and some ramps for skateboarding/bikes (he also asked for this). I also got him a few monster trucks and some clothes. I also probably missed a few things, but I think this is close to covering it all.

lee2362
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Understood...however everyone parents differently. i wouldnt question anyones parenting unless they were being abusive. i came here for advice... you made your point....Quoting Anonymous: Necessary? No. But you're going to come across issues that require a lot more thought process than this, so I would practice now with the small things.

Quoting lee2362:

lee2362
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Wow!!! Lol he is going to be thrilled. Thanks 4 this. Nice to know someone can comment without judging :/

Quoting mama111609:

If this is excessive...then what my DS is getting is waaay out of line.

He is getting:

A ride on bulldozer (posted a pic in another post), and easy bake oven, an engine he can build with his dad, an atm machine, a batman house, some figures and accessories to go with the batman house, a pack of 6 of marvel superheros (they are pretty big ones), a monster truck wii game, a monster truck race thing, that is also a case, a playdough ice cream maker set (this is what he asked for) and some ramps for skateboarding/bikes (he also asked for this). I also got him a few monster trucks and some clothes. I also probably missed a few things, but I think this is close to covering it all.

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Not excessive at all!! Give them to her and let her enjoy them!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN