Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought DD 3 "big" presents :( is this excessive?

Posted by   + Show Post

By no means do I think the holidays are about presents. I firmly believe kids should get only ONE big present but I couldn't decide.. I got my dd a Minnie Mouse toddler bed(which she asked 4 and has been asking 4 for several mos and actually needs), a kitchen set and a cozy coupe car(to encourage imaginative play). Should I hold out until after the holidays and spread out her presents? I also bought her some small presents like doll accessories etc.

Edit: ok I asked other friends and family and they thought it was excessive which is why I posted this. The negative comments are mind blowing. I came here for advice and people are questioning my parenting. I guess this isn't the place to come for advice. I'll know better next time....

Edit: also the 1st time I posted this it didn't go through so I rewrote it and mistakenly left some info out about having a hard time deciding. Thanks to all the moms with kind words. No idea this post about my indecisiveness would generate so many responses!! Merry Christmas:)

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
STVUstudent
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:54 PM

mom confessions is NOT the place to go for advice.  Check out some of the groups for moms with kids your age.

shyone_91786
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Go for it you can afford it who cares what ppl think, a bed should not be a prestnt but heck I wanted to get my son that kitchen set and a cleaning set. I give big gifts when I can they are only young once and if you can do it then do it. If you are teaching your kids the inportantce of being responalbe then spoling them once in a while is ok. I did that one year for my dd because i had it but the next year i couldn't and she was fine. Kids should be spoiled once in a while. Who know what you can affort next year. Get it while you can there are things I reget not getting for my son

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM

lol..I wonder if theres a only one christmas cookie rule too...because I broke that one already I may have broke the only one big gift rule too depending on what counts as a big gift..OP just give them to her if you want to who cares what other people think about what you get your kid for christmas.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Who made the "one big present" rule? What's considered a "big present". Just give them all to her, lol. 

KRIZZ25
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM
i would hole one out till bday .
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Wow your family and friends would hate me...my ds isggetting an xbox and a ton of accessories...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Here's an idea. She's YOUR kid. You do what you want and dont ask for other's opinions.

If EvERYONE said spread the gifts out...would you really do that? Probably not. So why ask?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I don't think it s excessive, but I don't think things like beds should be gifts so maybe I'm biased.

Sweetest_Britt
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I dont really think a bed should be a gift, but I dont think any of those are excessive at all! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I don't think those gifts are excessive if that's all she got. I do know those gifts can be expensive. I know my kid's kitchen set they got a couple Christmases ago was just over $200 not including all the stuff I bought for it. I think I did DD excessive this year. She got a power wheels, another large toy, and a lot of smaller stuff (dolls, barbies, doll highchairs and beds, stuffed animals, scooter, all kinds of stuff) I ended up just putting the last big box that came from ups Friday in the closet away for Easter. She already has at least 20 wrapped gifts, the power wheels etc. DS didn't get as much but his cost way more and I was concerned with how to would look between 2 young children lol. Go with YOUR gut, you're mom!

katarina666
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

So you will have one happy 4yr old girl for Christmass! Good! Excellent! She is your princess why shouldn't you spoile her if you can afford it! Any one posting negativily can just kiss your butt!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)