Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you give $200 to a random person??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Say you're at a store and you have a random $200 extra bucks and you're Christmas spirit says to give it to someone in that store.

So you wander for a few looking for someone to give it to.

What kinds of things about a person would you look for in deciding if they were deserving of the money?

Ratty shoes?

Dishelveled looks?

Food stamp card??

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

If I was super wealthy, I would take the $200 and give it to the Bishop of my church. I would tell him to give it to someone who really needed it.

I know someone who received $300 for Christmas last year! She and her family have been struggling for several years now. Without that $300 that someone in their church gave to their Bishop, their kids would have ended up with literally only a few small items their grandparents sent them! With the $300, they were able to get them some nice gifts and had money to pay for a nice Christmas Dinner! Otherwise, they would have eaten mac and cheese for Christmas.

The.Last.Rebel
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd probably just randomly hand out 20s. Especially to someone who doesn't look happy. It's not about who needs money, it's about sharing the spirit.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Do you often see people like that in stores in your area?

Quoting lasombrs:

Someone at a register who didn't have enough money on them for whatever reason to buy what they were trying to buy, or someone nicely explaining to a somewhat polite child who is asking for something they are unable to buy for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I wouldn't go around a store looking for someone...I would most likely give it to someone on the corner begging for money.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you did buy some food and clothes and were going to give it to someone in the store, what traits would you look for in a person in order to give them those things?

Quoting Anonymous: I would buy food and clothes...not randomly give $200 out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not?

Quoting Anonymous: I wouldn't give that amount of money away.

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Someone really nice, that smiled when I said hello and just had a genuine good spirit.  I find that that's really rare around here.  Everyone has a chip on their shoulder.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Thats nice. 

But say you were just in a store and you had to do it right then and there. How would you do it? What would you look for in a person?

Quoting Anonymous:

If I was super wealthy, I would take the $200 and give it to the Bishop of my church. I would tell him to give it to someone who really needed it.

I know someone who received $300 for Christmas last year! She and her family have been struggling for several years now. Without that $300 that someone in their church gave to their Bishop, their kids would have ended up with literally only a few small items their grandparents sent them! With the $300, they were able to get them some nice gifts and had money to pay for a nice Christmas Dinner! Otherwise, they would have eaten mac and cheese for Christmas.

Metal13Mama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Probably someone with kids.
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Lots of working poor families in my area, but not supine they would take it. Québécois do not like any kind of charity.

Gardeningmom4
Honey I have family with mental illness so I know what they look like.I wouldn't do it off of first glance
Most likely just secretly follow them around a while to see their behavior.

Quoting Anonymous: What do you think a person with a mental illness looks like?Quoting Gardeningmom4: You can tell when someones sad usually.You know slumped shoulders sad or worried look on their face.

Quoting Anonymous: What about someone walking around in a store would make you think they need cheering up?Quoting Gardeningmom4: I'd probably look for someone who seemed to need some cheering up.
Maks1mommy

Completely average, not over dressed, not dirty, hair brushed... Jeans, tee shirt and sneakers. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What sort of obvious to the eye traits does someone like you have?

Quoting Maks1mommy:

Somebody like me. Another poster said it already. Somebody who appears to be lower middle class, we don't get any help, yet we work super hard for our money and still have a hard time making ends meet.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, say you were going to give a random person in the store you're in $50, what sort of traits would you look for in a stranger before giving them the money?

Quoting Maks1mommy:

No, I would not give away money like that. Maybe $50, but not $200. That's almost my house payment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)