Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just a PIECE OF PAPER

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:02 PM
  • 332 Replies
13 moms liked this

OMG. Its insulting to tell a person that is Married; that Marriage is just a piece of paper. Bullshit. FOR YOU IT IS. So only speak for YOURSELF. But dont disvalue Marriage just because it dosent work for you.

My bitter ex friend said this to Me. She has been with the sae dude for 10 years. 3 kids. They got engaged valentines of this year. She goes on a rant on how  long ter relationships are no different than Marriage. I said do what Makes you happy. no she keeps ranting. So i ask why the fuck are you engaged if Marriage is just a piece of paper. to be honest i think he got a shut up ring for her because she kept bitching about not being Married.

THIS IS WHAT SHE SAID EXACTLY...

Friend. I dont see the point of getting married?

me: Why?

Friend: Because it feels the same as it does in a long term plus my family keeps bugging us about it.

me: Do what makes you happy. Dont do it if its for someone is pleasing. It should be what you and (Desmond want)

Friend: True. But I want to push the wedding date back. He just dont know thats how I feel. I mean I can tell your marriage is just a piece of paper.

me: What? Why would you say that?

Friend: Because thats all you have and nothing else.

me: Than why the fuck are you engaged if you believe marriage is just a piece of paper. I'm good with what I got. I'm happy and I have nothing to do with you and Desmond. I have to talk to you when your in a better mood. dueces.

Dial tone.............

THIS IS NOT A marriage vs. non-married battle. DO WHAT makes YOU happy. PLEASE DO. Thats all that matters. No one opinion shapes my love for my husband. But my ex BF was being disrespectful. ITs not the first time. When I told her I was getting married her reply was. "ROLLING EYES". and said that's messed; me and my boyfriend have been together longer than yours. 

I'm so done with her bitterness. Being married dosent prove that your commitmitted just as much as not being married dosent prove marriage is just a piece of paper. TO EACH THEIR OWN. HAPPY HOLLIES

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM

BUMP!

CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM

BUMP!

Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM
2 moms liked this
So who pissed you off?
65_Redroses
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM
8 moms liked this

Well to some of us it IS only a piece of paper. Big girl panties, not everyone thinks the way you do...

CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM

a bitter ex friend  

Quoting Alchemist_Momma: So who pissed you off?

Punchyobuns
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this

My marriage is only a piece of paper. My husband doesn't live with me anymore and does whatever he wants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes and no. You simply have to take it as an opinion. Others have a right to theirs just as you have your right to yours. Why should their opinion offend you simply because you disagree with it?
I am also married and it means much more to me than a piece of paper. But if someone were to tell me that it is simply a piece of paper, I would just shrug because their opinion has no say in my marriage or my feeling.
3amArt
by New Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't let your bitter ex-friend bug ya. I've been happily un-married to a great guy for over 12 years and if you think about it, that piece of paper isn't your commitment to your relationship. :) /2cents

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I wish there was a love button.

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:06 PM
2 moms liked this

To me that's what it is which is why I am no hurry to get married because it really won't change a thing.

I don't believe I have ever directly told someone that though, just state how I feel when asked why I'm not married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)