Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why Is This Inappropriate?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 225 Replies

I will ask this here since it seems to be a topic lately.

Why is it such a big deal if my 9yr old DD takes a shower w/me?  Goodness we go to the gym & their are naked women all over the locker room, she sees me in there & strangers.

We were in a hurry so I ran to take a shower (we were also running out of hot water, I hate that) & she wanted to take a shower. I told her we didn't have time, she could wait until we got back or hop in now get her hair washed while I shaved & hop out.  She hopped in.

My FIL found out & told me it was weird & she was way too old to be showering w/me or her father.  She doesn't shower w/him anymore but if she wanted to it wouldn't be a big deal.  My DH isn't comfortable with it, but he does help her in the shower when she asks him too.  Also when it is just the 2 of them at the gym they use the family room, he is not comfortable sending her into the locker room by herself & going into his & I completely understand that.  The family shower is huge & has a shower area & then a changing area.

I'm really failing to see how this is weird.  So is it weird & if so why?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM

That would be weird for me and my family yes.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this
Her showering with you, perfectly fine. Your husband helping her in the shower, weird.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Why is it weird? Do you view it as wrong? You don't go into a womens locker room? Even growing up & gym class most of the girls didn't care, naked or bras & panties while we were getting ready to head back to class.

My FIL seriously acted like I was harming my child, it really irritates me.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:20 AM
9 moms liked this
I don't think so. My kids can shower with me if they feel like it. Their dad isn't comfortable with it (we have 2 girls). We're a naked house; I walk around naked after a shower while I dry my hair and stuff. I don't want my girls to think the human body is something to be ashamed of. I think if you both still fit in the shower when she's 9, great! Way to go conserving water.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I don't think its a big deal she's a girl she has the same parts as you ,how is it any different from a woman's locker room  .I have a 3 year old boy and 2 year old and we shower together, most day's its so much easier for me  just to have them shower with me

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Why?

Quoting DevinAnnesmom: Her showering with you, perfectly fine. Your husband helping her in the shower, weird.

Sj218
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds normal and totally well adjusted to me.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM
19 moms liked this
The only thing I find strange is discussing your shower habits with your father in law.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Just not my style. I've never showered/bathed with my kids. If it works for anyone else that's fine as long as everyone feels comfortable with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it weird? Do you view it as wrong? You don't go into a womens locker room? Even growing up & gym class most of the girls didn't care, naked or bras & panties while we were getting ready to head back to class.

My FIL seriously acted like I was harming my child, it really irritates me.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

prenatalRN
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
This! lol

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009: The only thing I find strange is discussing your shower habits with your father in law.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)