Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever lost a pet in an incredibly sad way?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 125 Replies
I'll warn that my (technically df's) story may be a little graphic.

Df had a dog he adored, a chihuahua he named Cookie. He had had since the day she was born.

Cookie was an awesome dog,incredibly sweet and she loved df.

Well about 3 years ago (df had moved out of his moms but left Cookie since his mom was now divorced and he knew she kept his mom company) we get a call very early from his mom. All he told me was Cookie was dead and left.

Df's mom had gone out to feed Cookie and her mom when she saw her laying on the floor in a pool of blood...

Df said poor Cookie was clawed badly.. her neck had been attacked and was barely connected.. he cried.. he said he kneeled next to her and gently pet her side and could feel how cold her little body was.. he wrapped her up and burried her.

We never found out what attacked her. We live in a very populated city. There aren't many wild animals roaming around. It didn't look like another dog, or cat, attacked her (she had strange large claw marks on her). Cookies mom was in the back yard with her, we think she tried protecting her.. she had scratches on her face but was okay.

Df still misses his dog, she was about 7/8 years old..

Sorry if that was long. Had anyone else lost a pet in a sad way?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 24, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danigirlglow
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 5:08 AM
My dad strangled my dog in front of me when I was 6. She was a stray I'd found, I think a Chihuahua mix, or something equally small. I loved her.
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 5:08 AM
nothing like this. my dog Lucy was stolen. screen door was kicked in. I had only had her for a few months. sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 5:09 AM
wow smh

Quoting danigirlglow: My dad strangled my dog in front of me when I was 6. She was a stray I'd found, I think a Chihuahua mix, or something equally small. I loved her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Dec. 24, 2013 at 5:09 AM
yea, my brother was in a hurry to leave, and he ran over our family dog. We where.looking for him in the bavk when our neighbors came.up and told us he was in the driveway. he was still flinching when we saw him. We couldn't do anything for him. it was so sad. we covered him uo amd.called our brother. he came bavk and buried our poor.little Rex in the back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 24, 2013 at 5:09 AM
My DDs hamster got out. We couldn't find her anywhere until DH went to work out and turned the treadmill in and all of a sudden there was blood everywhere
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 24, 2013 at 5:10 AM
How sad :(

Why did he strangle her?

Quoting danigirlglow: My dad strangled my dog in front of me when I was 6. She was a stray I'd found, I think a Chihuahua mix, or something equally small. I loved her.
jenny3344
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 5:11 AM
That's terrible. I lost a dog to distemper. It was a long painful death. The dog suffered. She got treatment, a blood transfusion and meds but she continued to poop blood until she was dehydrated and died. I loved that dog.
danigirlglow
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 5:11 AM
Because he is a bastard and wanted to show me how easily he could get rid of me too if I didn't listen. He later told me the only reason he even allowed me to keep her was so he could hurt me by getting rid of her.

Quoting Anonymous: How sad :(

Why did he strangle her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 24, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Thank you.

Before i met df i never had dogs for long. I had two and both ran away. I didn't know what it was like to mourn the death of a dog till Cookie :( i loved her too.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: nothing like this. my dog Lucy was stolen. screen door was kicked in. I had only had her for a few months. sorry for your loss.
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 5:12 AM

The guinea pig my younger son was in charge of at school was given berries from the school yard by another student.  The berries were poisonous.  :-(   Poor little piggy was only about a month old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)