Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

alchohol at a baby shower...???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 416 Replies
1 mom liked this

just curious what your opinions may be....my mil is throwing me a baby shower soon ...which is wonderful of her to do!! but...she wants to have beer and wine there for everyone.....is it wrong that I find that completely tacky and sort of rude to me,...the mother to be who obviously can't have any??

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jiffypop2207
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM
4 moms liked this
Its common in mexican and african showers, ive never seen alcohol in an american one though
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM
8 moms liked this

She wants people to have fun! I had alcohol at mine, I requested it. I could manage for 9 months without drinking. It was my choice to get pregnant, why should everyone else go without booze at a party?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM
5 moms liked this
We always served alcohol to guests at my baby showers, and every other one i've ever been to. I dont find it tacky, nor rude, unless maybe you are an alcoholic and being near alcohol makes it difficult to not drink.
sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I have been to a baby shower and they had nice cocktails nothing too crazy, just a bit of alcohol. It was fun.

Rude to you? Um..okay...
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I've been to baby showers where alcohol was served.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it but if you don't want it there you should ask her not to have it.
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think its tacky or rude. Are you that bummed out that you can't drink? lol

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
There was wine and mimosas at mine. I was fine with it. Just because I couldn't drink didn't mean everyone else couldn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM
If they are here chances are they are American.

We are Polish, grandparents first over here, and we have alcohol at our baby showers.

Quoting jiffypop2207: Its common in mexican and african showers, ive never seen alcohol in an american one though
dreamarrow
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
We had wine and other drinks at my baby shower and I wasn't bothered in the least. I'm sure whoever is coming can go without beer and wine for one day. Your reasoning seems a bit ridiculou though,you're pregnant so you can't drink just accept it. I never worried about that when I was pregnant
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)