Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've Been Through a Tragedy and My Stepdaughter Says This To Me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies
8 moms liked this

About 5 years ago, I was 5 months pregnant and my husband and I were in a terrible car crash. My husband was killed and I was badly hurt and lost my baby.

About two years later, I was working as a secretary at the elementary school while I worked on my teaching degree when I met my stepdaughter. She and I became friends and she eventually introduced me to her father. 8 months later,  her father and I got married. Kylee's mother died when she was 3 so I'm the only mother Kylee has and we are very close. We have been married a little over two years now and I just found out that I am pregnant. I was using birth control and I adamantly told my husband I didn't want another baby, even though he wanted one. However, I got pregnant anyway. I knew for three weeks before I told anyone. This morning, I was puking in the bathroom when Kylee (now 10) came in to see if I was ok. After some talking, I told her that I was pregnant. She got really excited and then realized that I wasn't. She asked me why and I told her the truth. I never wanted to have a baby after I lost my first one. It may sound silly but I don't think I could survive that pain again. I was devastated when I lost my baby and, even though I know that many people conceive and have healthy pregnancies and babies after a miscarriage, it just wasn't worth the risk (yes, Kylee and I talk about things like this. She knew about my miscarriage before I even met her father). This is what she had to say to me.

"You're a wonderful mom. Every baby deserves to have a mom like you. I know that I'm very glad that your my mommy and I'm sure that the baby in your belly was sent from heaven just for you. I want you to be happy. It's a Christmas miracle! It's ok. Daddy and I will take care of you. We'll wrap you in bubble wrap until the baby is born. How does that sound?" I started crying and sat there (on the bathroom floor) crying and holding Kylee. I'm telling my husband tonight and I'm going to be honest and let him know that I'm scared. I'm thinking I might try some counseling too. Wish me luck!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
7 moms liked this

sounds like a lifetime movie... 

JRSMOM0621
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Awe that is so sweet :) I am so happy you found someone that cares for you that much to make you feel that safe! Good luck and I hope you pull through with flying colors!!

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
cmabbott
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM
That's very sweet of her!
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM
6 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Oh, that made my uterus hurt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Took me about 5 times to understand that.
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM
19 moms liked this

your step daughter knew about your miscarriage before the age of 7 and you just worked at her school?  that's highly inappropriate.

mommymix0820
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

omg now i'm crying! u are going to be an amazing mother to this baby also and the lord has blessed u with a precious gift! I'm praying for u!!! 

lucysmommy69
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM

it is scary to get pregnant again after you lose a baby, and it can mess with your head.  the what ifs are horrible, but take it one day at a time and do what you can to enjoy it because you dont want to miss out on any second of this baby. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
She sounds like an amazing kid. Youll do fine hun. Counciling might help you. Id def give it a try. Im sure your husband will understand but im also sure he will beexcited! Congrats! Let us know how Iit goes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a Danielle Steele story.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)