Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when should I start to worry? UPDATE. UPDATE NUMBER 2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

My son is 8 months old and his dad came to pick him up at 4:00. He said he was going to keep him for  a few hours and bring him back. He comes to see our son about every week for about an hour and has taken him 3 others times befor but only for an hour or two. It is an our drive so when he got to his house witht he baby he texted me to let me know they got there safe- it is snowing.

So our last text was at 5:06. Yesterday night my sons dads moms ex boyfriend messaged me and asked how long my son was staying with his dad. I told him for a few hours. He said oh I was just wondering because your sons dads mom told me he was staying at his dads for two days. And I said umm no.

then today my sons dad said he was stealing our son for Christmas( in a joking voice) and I said haha your funny. I have all rights over him. But he was kidding.. Anyway he left.

At 7:00 I texted my sons dad and asked how our son was doing and he never texted back, I then texted his mom at 7:36 because I forgot that my sons dad said his phones is broken and he only sometimes gets the texts. 

I'm just worried... I haven't gotten a text back. Should I call soon and see if everything is okay?

I called and he is on his way back to my house! My son missed his ta tas.

For those of you talking about custody issues : 

http://www.cornwell-law.com/answers/unmarried-or-nevermarried-parents-right-in-ohio/

http://singleparents.about.com/od/childcustodylaws/a/ohio_child_custody_laws.htm

http://www.communitylegalaid.org/library/family/627-Unmarried-Mothers-Have-Legal-Custody

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Why does he have him at all if he has no custodial rights?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I am trying to Co-parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does he have him at all if he has no custodial rights?

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I would call now. Do you have a visitation arrangement?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM

CALL. NOW.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I would call

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM

He is on his way back, thanks!

Quoting othermom:

I would call

happymommy1105
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Unless a judge has actually given you custody....you don't have all rights to him.

Honestly, sounds like you got yourself into a situation.

Mu guess is you would have to get the police involved if he doesn't return your.child soon, but the police only get involved if you can prove the child was supposed to be returned to you by a certain time and you have custody
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM

He is on his way back here with the baby, thank you!! I just didn't want to seem pushy to him

Quoting ame85: I would call now. Do you have a visitation arrangement?

Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM

do you have an actual legal Custody Agreement?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Actually, I do have all rights. I went and got child support, and since we live in ohio and I am single and we were never married then I have all rights until he takes me to court otherwise. And I just called and he is on his way back, thanks!:)

Quoting happymommy1105: Unless a judge has actually given you custody....you don't have all rights to him.

Honestly, sounds like you got yourself into a situation.

Mu guess is you would have to get the police involved if he doesn't return your.child soon, but the police only get involved if you can prove the child was supposed to be returned to you by a certain time and you have custody

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)