Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

taking back gifts?

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 5 Replies
okay so my family were beyond broke this year. so the American legion generously took it upon themselves to buy gifts for my family. and i am ever so grateful, at the last minute the lady giving the gifts discovered I am pregnant and gave us gifts for the baby. well I was going to rewrap some gifts we received because in the trip to my house some got torn. the gifts for the baby were among those that needed to be wrapped. and when I looked at the gifts they are all toys ages 6-36 months. problem is I'm not due till the end of May. and so baby cant play with them till next Christmas. so hubby and i wanted to return them to the store and buy diapers instead. would that be a horrible thing to do? never have enough diapers. and we could use diapers right away. thoughts?
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
axandra85
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM
bump
A.J.s_mommy
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Just save it. He will eventually be that age.
Chrissy_Lynn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM
I see nothing wrong with it as long as your using the money to get baby stuff. That was kind of dumb of her to get toys for 6-36 months . She should have got infant toys, clothes, diapers, etc
othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Thats a tough one. I might take back one or two for diapers and keep the rest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I don't see anything wrong with either choice, however it seemed about that time when the presents received at baby showers were running thin.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured