Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So if your awake....what was on your kids Christmas list and are they getting it??

Posted by   + Show Post
My kids went incredibly simple on me this year! My 8 year old DS asked for cash and gift cards originally (yea....not getting that from us or Santa!) but then started asking for iPod stuff...like a new case, speaker and headphones! Done!

Dd4 originally only wanted a bathrobe (from Justice lol) and the Lego friends rockstar set (small $15 set). Then she added a cupcake maker and Sofia the First dress. Nice, easy, done!

It was a bit hard coming up with the rest of their gifts ourselves but we managed to find stuff they would really like! Their big gift from us is tickets to a show for each of them. We are taking DD to go see Disney on ice and DS to go see the Harlem Globetrotters.
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM
My daughter asked for a doll, she's 4. My son, age 2, asked for some cars. They got both.

Right now both kids and dh are playing with the cars.
Sandiekd21
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I never ask my kids what they want.
I go shopping and get them what I know they will like and they have a wonderful holiday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Ds wanted a 3ds, he got that. He also wanted minecraft legos, we couldn't find any, but his aunt did so he will get those. He didn't ask for much. We did get him a 600 piece lego box and a flashlight friend. He will be getting more stuff from grandma and his aunt. He was easy this year.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM

DS wanted Portal/Portal 2, and a sonic screwdriver.

DD wanted a nail polish set, and an Adipose plushie.

They both got them, as well as a bunch of random stocking stuffers.

Been a rough year but they were extactic over their gifts. :)

SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM
I adore my kids for how the want things. Ds wanted iron man and a gun with big bullets..yes he specified lol
Ds got a iron man punching bag from a friend, clothes that he wont fit for 5 or 6 years from grandma, two iron man action figures from his fav uncle (who spent christmas eve with us), then fro. Us/santa he got, New jammies, a iron man bath set with a gun that shoots those little velcro balls, a avengers sticker colletor book with a few pack of the stickers, a tool set, a tool work bench, a bunch of random stuff in his stocking, and then another 4 iron man sets...

Dd asked for something pretty... yup thats it just something pretty
She got a paintable tea set from a friend, a outfit, panties and socks from grandma (all way to big but she flipped out anyway lol), a princess diary set from uncle, then from us/santa, new pj's, hello kitty nail polish set, captain america action figure, repunzal talking doll, baby doll nursery, tea set, pretend hair and make up set, and a stocking over stuffed lol oh and then dd bought ds play doh and ds bought dd a sophia the first flash light ;) grandpa im sure forgot like he forgot all of his grandkids birthdays this year (been to busy spending mo ey on his gold digger wife wanna be.) So now hubs is working and kids are still passed out lol
SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Lol I do this with my kids. If im going to the store and hubs is home they will ask for like a candy bar or something. I dont get it and when I get back I say they were all sold out! Lol

For last minute stuff like that I tell them santas already in japan and delivering gifts!

Quoting Chunkymunkey922: Dd just turned 4 and didn't really ask for anything specific.

But yesterday she told anyone and everyone that would listen thst Santa was bringing her a race car. Ummm..... I told her I didn't think Santa has any race cars this year lol.
Leah.Rae
by Sarah on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM
My DD whose 3 asked for a kitchen, a talking baby, and a camera.
She got all of that plus some wooden puzzles, a princess Merida doll, Doc mcStuffins dr set, doc mcstuffins memory game, and some coloring books and crayons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2-3181
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Dd wanted a bunny

Ds4 wanted a train And ds1 got a bunch of toys but he is sick so no pics right now

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Dd wanted:
Earrings
A musical triangle
Toy frog

Ds:
Trucks
Cars

So far dd still doesn't have earrings but were getting her ears pierced tomorrow, and a few people we haven't seen yet got her sets of studs
And she doesn't have a toy frog but she will in about an hour when we get to m grandmas house....
She opened her triangle this morning! :)

Ds now has enough toy cars and trucks to go swimming in them like Scrooge duck in gold coins!!!

They were easy but they're only 6 and almost 3
TheFirstNoel
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM

We get about 25% of what is on DD 4's list. However, the other gifts are things we know she'd like, but doesn't think to ask for. She asked for a gerbil cage this year. Just the cage, not a gerbil. Um...sorry sweetie, we're not just going to get you a gerbil cage! She did get the books she asked for, and the Death Eater wand she's been wanting since her cousin broke her last one. She also got a pair of fluffy socks which she's been mentioning before. Otherwise the rest of her gifts were all things DH and I thought to give her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN