Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So if your awake....what was on your kids Christmas list and are they getting it??

Posted by   + Show Post
My kids went incredibly simple on me this year! My 8 year old DS asked for cash and gift cards originally (yea....not getting that from us or Santa!) but then started asking for iPod stuff...like a new case, speaker and headphones! Done!

Dd4 originally only wanted a bathrobe (from Justice lol) and the Lego friends rockstar set (small $15 set). Then she added a cupcake maker and Sofia the First dress. Nice, easy, done!

It was a bit hard coming up with the rest of their gifts ourselves but we managed to find stuff they would really like! Their big gift from us is tickets to a show for each of them. We are taking DD to go see Disney on ice and DS to go see the Harlem Globetrotters.
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Replies (41-50):
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I don't follow lists. By the time my son writes one or sends a letter to Santa I've already done most of my shopping. This year I think he got 1-2 things on his list. Yet he absolutely loves everything he got and couldn't stop exclaiming about how awesome everything was. I have a bunch of excited face pictures :)

Most of what he got that he really liked were particular lego sets. I also got him a real junior sized bow and arrow set.

My daughter is only 15 months so I got her things I know she likes/ needs. Mostly stuff for her kitchen cuz she loves it, a baby doll with furniture, and sesame street furniture. Plus other random toys.

I went a little overboard with both kids. O.O
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Monster high dolls just 2 and dinosaurs for ds.
4everJs
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:52 PM
My 4 year old son didn't have anything specific that he wanted. He wanted toys related to angry birds (the new racers), wwe wrestling, and a few wii u/DS games.

He got a new elaborate wwe wrestling ring for his figures (that DH and he spent all night playing with).
10 new wrestling figures
6 of the angry birds racers
2 angry birds sets
1 dancing minion from disposable me
2 wii u games
1 3ds game
1 of the sega throwback consoles
Skylanders swap force for 3ds
And a remote controlled TMNT car

My 11 year old didn't want any toys. Only nike or skater related shoes, clothes, socks, backpack, and hats. A skate board. And a gshock watch. It's the first year he didn't want a single toy or video game. :(

He got 7 pairs of Nike elite socks
4 nike elite shorts
3 nike shirts
1 pair of Nike SB shoes
1 custom skateboard
1 penny board
2 skater brand shirts
4 hats
1 skateboard back pack
1 beats by dre headphones
2 g shock watches
1 Bluetooth vibe box speaker
1 jacket (49ers, Nike)
We threw on 2 games (1 for ps3 1 for ps4) because what are you going to do...stare at your clothes all night?

They were both very happy. They both got everything on their list and things they didn't even know they wanted lol.

Merry Christmas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livv066
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:00 PM
DD 4 yrs is all about Doc Mcstuffins, & strawberry shortcake. DH & I gave her a bunch of Doc stuff, & my mom got her a Strawberry doll, ( other stuff too).
Last night Kara started talking about Jake the pirate, & how she really wanted it. Mom insisted on going to the store for it. Out we went, and mom got her Jakes pirates ship. It was worth it though, she was really happy about everything!
bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM

DD1 wanted Pinkie Pie from Equestria Girls, Roller Skates, a Monster High Doll and a baby doll. She got all of those. 

DD2 wanted Tickled Pink Minnie, Roller Skates, Rarity and Applejack (another MLP Equestria Girl). 

They got them! It was easy and I got good deals.

Alyia72
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Our 8 year old asked for skylanders swapforce, Disney Infinity, and a new tablet.  She got all three and then some.  I would have thought the tablet would be her favorite but I had to practicaly drag her downstairs to see grandma when she came she was playing skylanders.

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM

No. The only two things DS asked for were impossible to give him (a baby sister and his Grammy) but he was thrilled with what we got him anyway.

ConcernedCousin
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM

My 4 yr old got a few Crayloa Color Wonder paint and marker sets, a showcam, hello kitty cd player and a music cd with disney songs, stuffed animal and a fisher price tablet. My 5 yr old got a showcam, army soldier truck set, nabi jr, crayon maker, stuffed animal, Hess trucks. The 16 month old got a play remote control, baby mp3 player, Scout the interactive dog, stuffed animal, driving wheel and they all got a piano floor mat they can share. The older two really wanted the showcams so they got those. I have to take my daughters back though because it doesn't work :(. They wanted zoomer dogs but no way in hell was I spending $200 on some robotic dogs!!

karenbrzez
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:48 PM

My 15 year old ds wanted a PS4 and he got that with a game and membership so he can play online and some other small gifts.

My 11 year old dd wanted a Justice chair and a MP3 player and she got that along with other gifts on her list.

My other 11 year old dd (twins) wanted American Girl items, Nerf Rebelle bow, and Mindcraft items (she is a tom boy) and she got what she asked for also.

I do my very best to get what they want. I shop sales, discount codes and coupons, and cash in rewards during the holidays that I save all year to buy them and my DH what they want. I have great kids.

my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM

My 2 youngest have been wanting iPads and have been saving up for them so we surprised them this morning each with an iPad mini and a keyboard/case.  They also each got a lego set  and a few other small items. 

My oldest son wanted new seat covers for his car and my oldest daughter wanted clothing so that is what they  got. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN