Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So if your awake....what was on your kids Christmas list and are they getting it??

Posted by   + Show Post
My kids went incredibly simple on me this year! My 8 year old DS asked for cash and gift cards originally (yea....not getting that from us or Santa!) but then started asking for iPod stuff...like a new case, speaker and headphones! Done!

Dd4 originally only wanted a bathrobe (from Justice lol) and the Lego friends rockstar set (small $15 set). Then she added a cupcake maker and Sofia the First dress. Nice, easy, done!

It was a bit hard coming up with the rest of their gifts ourselves but we managed to find stuff they would really like! Their big gift from us is tickets to a show for each of them. We are taking DD to go see Disney on ice and DS to go see the Harlem Globetrotters.
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Replies (61-69):
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM

DS1 doesn't believe anymore but DS2 and DD strongly believe.  I know what they want and I know most of the things on their wild wish lists are attributed to the 3001 catalogs, flyers and commercials that they see and are a passing fancy. 

We have told them that Santa has a heavy workload and wouldn't it be much easier if they asked for a surprise instead of a specific item(s).  This has worked in our favor for two years now.  They ask for a surprise and are surprised Christmas morning :)

elena170
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:55 PM

My 8yo, who still believes in Santa said he wasn't going to write a list, because there's nothing he really wants, but he was going to make a wish that Santa brings his uncle back. His uncle passed away earlier this year :(

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:21 PM

My son only asked for Beyblades and a skateboard.  He got them both plus two race tracks, two board games, kinecs for his Xbox, a new tv, two pair of shoes, socks and and, two sets of thermal underwear, a shirt, a woodworking set, some school supplies, big coloring books and and a tote bag with a sleeping bag and night light in it.  Some of the stuff came from his bio family, some from my family, some from me and some from Santa.

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:44 PM

My kids are three and one lol they didn't ask for anything! My oldest got barbies and a doc mcstuffins doctor kit! she has been giving everyone checkups! my poor cousin must have really had something wrong with him, he got five shots. My youngest got a ball pit, and toddler sized crayons. Then they both got like clothes and shoes and socks!

iluvcallalilies
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM

In principle, I've read a lot about the pros and cons of "giving a child everything they ask for" but each of our girls had such a simple and appropriate Christmas list - it was reasonable to fulfill.

All to share - Doll furniture (table chairs, two doll beds, and a doll desk), a few Board Games, Despicable Me 2

8 yr DD - Roller skates, Lalaloopsy, Rainbow Loom, some craft things and books

6 yr DD - Bike, Giant Minnie Mouse (for collection), some craft things and books, doll & me clothes

4 yr DD - Sofia dress, Sofia doll, Sofia character set, Sofia sticker pad, Pooh Teapot

2 yr DD - Belle dress, Belle doll, books, play-doh

Happymom0301
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Ds wanted a North Face coat, and Dd asked for an Xbox. They did both get what they wanted, and we had an amazing Christmas morning :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Ds is 8. He wanted a Wii U, the new Mario 3D World game for it, and 3 small Minecraft figures (there are 4 but he already had one). He got that stuff and a LOT more!

Nicole3295
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Our oldest just graduated high school last week and he wanted a class ring and a new stereo for his truck, he got them plus some smaller things.

Our youngest wanted a 3dsXL and games and new bow for hunting (he's 11) and he got them plus some small things.

We were short on money this year so we weren't able to go all out like usual. But they understood.  

MilfordMomma
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:59 AM

DD 4 asked for Baby Alive and the new American Girl Doll, Loom, a gymnastics mat, a doctor kit, and an iPhone. She got everything but the iPhone.

DD2 didn't technically ask for anything, but she loves dolls and painting. She also got a tricycle, outdoor toys, a purse (LOL) and some more junk she probably didn't need.

DD, DD, and DS 5 weeks didn't ask for anything. They didn't get much either LOL. They got some clothes, lots and lots of diapers, and new baby supplies they need, a couple rocking toys for when they get a little older, a new noise machine for their room, and a couple little toys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)