Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is going to be mad but this is happening

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband's cousin is kind of poor. Her husband has a drug trafficking felony so he works under the table and doesn't make much. And she stays home. I completely understand that their situation is their fault but they have two girls age 8.

The girls have begged for an American girl doll since last Christmas. I have heard them begging and she's told me about it but even says she can't get it. I feel guilty because both my girls got an American doll from my nanny and they had never even heard of them before. Last night she told me she tried to save but couldn't get the dolls. I know the girls are going to be heartbroken because that's literally all they asked for.

Anyway... I ordered the dolls last night. I don't want her to know it was me so I just had them mailed to her house under her name in a gift box. My husband is not going to be happy but oh well. I used my spending money
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I didn't necessarily hide it. He's not home. If I had ordered the dolls for my girls I wouldn't have probably asked him first... Unless I was using money from our joint account

Quoting mrswillie:

I wouldn't hide things from my dh, but what you did is a wonderful thing.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:28 AM
That's great. However just curious as to why you waited so late. Now they won't get them till after Christmas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
If you used your spending money why would he be mad? I think what you did was great! He should be proud of you for being so giving!
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Why tell him? I buy stuff for my in laws all the time without telling my husband. Especially his dads new wife, he does not like her. But, I give his dad and her gifts without telling my husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I wasn't going to do it. My girls got their dolls last night and all I could think of was dh's cousins all the way home. I just realized how blessed my kid's are and felt like I needed to order them. Wasnt planned

Quoting bleumonster: That's great. However just curious as to why you waited so late. Now they won't get them till after Christmas.
lancet98
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

When you are that type of person, it shows on your face  and in all your actions - every day of the year.

She will know who sent the dolls.

Quoting Anonymous: I know. I wish I could take them over so I could see their faces when they get them but i feel like it's better to just be anon. It's from Santa ;)

Quoting acbbsmama: What a wonderful thing to do. They are going to be so excited.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Just because of the kind of people the parents are. They are lazy and criminals. He wouldn't want me helping people like that.

Quoting Anonymous: If you used your spending money why would he be mad? I think what you did was great! He should be proud of you for being so giving!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I probably won't. Unless he asks. It was almost $400 so it took a good chunk of my blow money.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Why tell him? I buy stuff for my in laws all the time without telling my husband. Especially his dads new wife, he does not like her. But, I give his dad and her gifts without telling my husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Will the dolls be there today ? God bless and Merry Christmas

Quoting Anonymous: I know. I wish I could take them over so I could see their faces when they get them but i feel like it's better to just be anon. It's from Santa ;)

Quoting acbbsmama: What a wonderful thing to do. They are going to be so excited.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Ah. I get that.

Quoting Anonymous: I wasn't going to do it. My girls got their dolls last night and all I could think of was dh's cousins all the way home. I just realized how blessed my kid's are and felt like I needed to order them. Wasnt planned

Quoting bleumonster: That's great. However just curious as to why you waited so late. Now they won't get them till after Christmas.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)