Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is going to be mad but this is happening

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband's cousin is kind of poor. Her husband has a drug trafficking felony so he works under the table and doesn't make much. And she stays home. I completely understand that their situation is their fault but they have two girls age 8.

The girls have begged for an American girl doll since last Christmas. I have heard them begging and she's told me about it but even says she can't get it. I feel guilty because both my girls got an American doll from my nanny and they had never even heard of them before. Last night she told me she tried to save but couldn't get the dolls. I know the girls are going to be heartbroken because that's literally all they asked for.

Anyway... I ordered the dolls last night. I don't want her to know it was me so I just had them mailed to her house under her name in a gift box. My husband is not going to be happy but oh well. I used my spending money
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Replies (21-30):
suzanneyea
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Does he track your account?

i doubt he would notice, men don't notice much.

Quoting Anonymous: I probably won't. Unless he asks. It was almost $400 so it took a good chunk of my blow money.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Why tell him? I buy stuff for my in laws all the time without telling my husband. Especially his dads new wife, he does not like her. But, I give his dad and her gifts without telling my husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM
No :( I didn't think about doing it until last night. Probably Friday

Quoting Anonymous: Will the dolls be there today ? God bless and Merry Christmas

Quoting Anonymous: I know. I wish I could take them over so I could see their faces when they get them but i feel like it's better to just be anon. It's from Santa ;)

Quoting acbbsmama: What a wonderful thing to do. They are going to be so excited.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Lol no. I mean he opens the mail if he gets it. He might not notice just seems like it would be hard not to notice.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Quoting Anonymous: I probably won't. Unless he asks. It was almost $400 so it took a good chunk of my blow money.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Why tell him? I buy stuff for my in laws all the time without telling my husband. Especially his dads new wife, he does not like her. But, I give his dad and her gifts without telling my husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM
That's ok they will be even more surprised ..OT . I had an alcohol problem for 2 years thank God only two years , it's hard to get back on your feet but I did it and now have a great life . Hopefully they will get it together soon

Quoting Anonymous: No :( I didn't think about doing it until last night. Probably Friday

Quoting Anonymous: Will the dolls be there today ? God bless and Merry Christmas

Quoting Anonymous: I know. I wish I could take them over so I could see their faces when they get them but i feel like it's better to just be anon. It's from Santa ;)

Quoting acbbsmama: What a wonderful thing to do. They are going to be so excited.
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:38 AM

He'll get over it, because what you done was awesome!

xoxowifey
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
That's very nice of you.
suzanneyea
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM

You still get paper statements from the bank? Lol

Quoting Anonymous: Lol no. I mean he opens the mail if he gets it. He might not notice just seems like it would be hard not to notice.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Quoting suzanneyea:

chanizen
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Why tell him? Your spending money. Your anon gift.
RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Some people just need a little motivation to get them on track. Amazing thing you did for those girls. They're going to be so happy!
otoole
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM
that is such a sweet beautiful thing to do. that made me tear up. those girls r going to be so happy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN