Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is going to be mad but this is happening

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband's cousin is kind of poor. Her husband has a drug trafficking felony so he works under the table and doesn't make much. And she stays home. I completely understand that their situation is their fault but they have two girls age 8.

The girls have begged for an American girl doll since last Christmas. I have heard them begging and she's told me about it but even says she can't get it. I feel guilty because both my girls got an American doll from my nanny and they had never even heard of them before. Last night she told me she tried to save but couldn't get the dolls. I know the girls are going to be heartbroken because that's literally all they asked for.

Anyway... I ordered the dolls last night. I don't want her to know it was me so I just had them mailed to her house under her name in a gift box. My husband is not going to be happy but oh well. I used my spending money
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Replies (41-50):
Thunderbug75
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM

What a wonderful thing to do!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

marie85
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM

That was very sweet of you. Tearing up over here.

raye-chan
by Raye on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM

That's really sweet <3 I doubt he'd be all that mad honestly

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM

That's nice of you. If you used your spending money, I don't see why he needs to know:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:27 AM

You did a very nice, selfless thing.  Merry Christmas!

MsEmma
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM

You did a very nice thing :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM

bump

armywifey1983
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM

You just made two little girls incredibly happy. IMO, there is NOTHING you ever need to be sorry about (and I'm glad you're not!). Hopefully your DH will see how thrilled they are to receive something they thought they may never have.

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM

LOL!  DH and I did Financial Peace University through church (Dave Ramsey program).  BLOW money is fun money.  DH and I each get $25/paycheck to spend on whatever we want.  

Quoting sketchmonster: So, when you say blow money, a lot of moms will assume you mean cocaine. I'm guessing you mean spending money though, right? You might want to change that. Merry christmas!

Quoting Anonymous: I probably won't. Unless he asks. It was almost $400 so it took a good chunk of my blow money.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Why tell him? I buy stuff for my in laws all the time without telling my husband. Especially his dads new wife, he does not like her. But, I give his dad and her gifts without telling my husband.

sketchmonster
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM
See, I understand that, but MC isn't exactly the most forgiving group when it comes to those things , lol.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

LOL!  DH and I did Financial Peace University through church (Dave Ramsey program).  BLOW money is fun money.  DH and I each get $25/paycheck to spend on whatever we want.  

Quoting sketchmonster: So, when you say blow money, a lot of moms will assume you mean cocaine. I'm guessing you mean spending money though, right? You might want to change that. Merry christmas!

Quoting Anonymous: I probably won't. Unless he asks. It was almost $400 so it took a good chunk of my blow money.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Why tell him? I buy stuff for my in laws all the time without telling my husband. Especially his dads new wife, he does not like her. But, I give his dad and her gifts without telling my husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)