Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have any annoying friends on Facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post

10 Brutally Honest Reasons Your Facebook Friends Hate You

by Stefanie Favicchio

FacebookBreaking news here, guys: Facebook is not as cool as it used to be. You hear it all the time, OMG I hate Facebook. I'm totally deleting it. Tons of people tend to blame Mark Zuckerberg or even Facebook itself. But it's time to know the truth.

Facebook is not the problem. The people on Facebook are the problem. And -- GASP! -- you may be one of them.

You're totally ruining Facebook for everybody else if ...

1. You now resort to multiple social media sites to share the same exact photo. We get it. You're in Vegas. But you don't need to tweet it, Instagram it, Facebook it, MySpace it (LOL), etc.

2. #You'reNotFoolingAnyone. Don't write #NoFilter on a photo if it clearly has a filter. Actually, don't write #NoFilter at all. How about this: If you take a picture of a beautiful sunset, I'll just believe it's real.

3. You don't realize how conceited you look. I've seen actual collages of just someone's face. A selfie collage, if you will. Remember modesty? It still exists.

4. You're a dude who takes kissy face photos in the mirror. I'm not going to elaborate on this one. It pains me.

5. You think you're famous. I don't know how this started happening but suddenly people think they're a celebrity if they have a lot of friends/followers on social media sites. Bonus points for the ones who thank their "fans" on the regular.

6. You update way too frequently. You know how you're supposed to wait at least an hour before you swim after eating a meal? Think of Facebook statuses in the same way. Please.

7. You don't update enough. Statuses like "BEST DAY EVER!!!!" are ridiculous and you know it. You want people to ask -- you're practically begging people to ask. So you might as well just tell us.

8. Your priorities are all out of whack. God forbid, you get in some sort of accident ... your first thought should NOT be, I should totally post a photo of this on Facebook.

9. You're SUCH a good person. While it's absolutely wonderful if you help the homeless, help an old lady cross the street, or donate to a charity, it IS actually possible to do it without bragging about it online. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

10. You friend people you don't even know. What the hell? Who are you? No. This is not match.com.

More from The Stir:

10 Surefire Ways to Be That Obnoxious Facebook Friend

10 NEW Ways to Be That Obnoxious Facebook Friend

Do you have any annoying friends on Facebook?

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:46 AM

One person annoys me  the oerson who spams me everybody JESUS this and JESUS that come on now  even JEsus would get annoyed  Either that or she is a freakin bot no one does that every two secounds like they trying brain wash you! I was aboutto delete her!

DragonInfinity
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
One other thing; I can't believe so many people get worked up over a SOCIAL MEDIA site!!!! That's what its there for! lol
Bekki
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I have 2. One constantly posts selfies- so annoying. Another updates about 10 times a day with Peanuts cartoons or pics of baby animals. Grow the hell up!

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM

According to many of the "ladies" on here, me and my hubby would be the annoying ones ... we always post "I love you" messages on each other's time lines. 

xoxowifey
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I delete people when I see them posting dumb shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Only one, but it's not because of any of that. He is just such a negative person and I'm surprised that didn't make it on the list.
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I probably would post a pic of the accident, lol.

I have a former coworker who Always posts about Jesus, another who always posts about sex, and another who always whines about his life. I hide all their posts from my news feed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluemountain75
by SoftballMom on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I have one that just moans and woe is me blah blah blah. Her last post was something about her fridge going out and boo-hoo she has to move all of her food to the 2nd fridge she has in her garage. I was so sick of it. So I replied to her post and said - be thankful for having food to move to a SECOND fridge. There are ones that do not.
jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM

My sons's friend mposts selfies EVERY DAY!   She is cute, but too much of a cute thing...

Another friend post something positive (and very progeressive) every day.  How much back patting does one woman need?

I don't ned to see another cute pic of your child, (or neice /nephew/dog/cat) EVERY DAY.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)