Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have any annoying friends on Facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post

10 Brutally Honest Reasons Your Facebook Friends Hate You

by Stefanie Favicchio

FacebookBreaking news here, guys: Facebook is not as cool as it used to be. You hear it all the time, OMG I hate Facebook. I'm totally deleting it. Tons of people tend to blame Mark Zuckerberg or even Facebook itself. But it's time to know the truth.

Facebook is not the problem. The people on Facebook are the problem. And -- GASP! -- you may be one of them.

You're totally ruining Facebook for everybody else if ...

1. You now resort to multiple social media sites to share the same exact photo. We get it. You're in Vegas. But you don't need to tweet it, Instagram it, Facebook it, MySpace it (LOL), etc.

2. #You'reNotFoolingAnyone. Don't write #NoFilter on a photo if it clearly has a filter. Actually, don't write #NoFilter at all. How about this: If you take a picture of a beautiful sunset, I'll just believe it's real.

3. You don't realize how conceited you look. I've seen actual collages of just someone's face. A selfie collage, if you will. Remember modesty? It still exists.

4. You're a dude who takes kissy face photos in the mirror. I'm not going to elaborate on this one. It pains me.

5. You think you're famous. I don't know how this started happening but suddenly people think they're a celebrity if they have a lot of friends/followers on social media sites. Bonus points for the ones who thank their "fans" on the regular.

6. You update way too frequently. You know how you're supposed to wait at least an hour before you swim after eating a meal? Think of Facebook statuses in the same way. Please.

7. You don't update enough. Statuses like "BEST DAY EVER!!!!" are ridiculous and you know it. You want people to ask -- you're practically begging people to ask. So you might as well just tell us.

8. Your priorities are all out of whack. God forbid, you get in some sort of accident ... your first thought should NOT be, I should totally post a photo of this on Facebook.

9. You're SUCH a good person. While it's absolutely wonderful if you help the homeless, help an old lady cross the street, or donate to a charity, it IS actually possible to do it without bragging about it online. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

10. You friend people you don't even know. What the hell? Who are you? No. This is not match.com.

More from The Stir:

10 Surefire Ways to Be That Obnoxious Facebook Friend

10 NEW Ways to Be That Obnoxious Facebook Friend

Do you have any annoying friends on Facebook?

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (41-50):
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM

no

Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I don't understand  what   2.  means.  What  kind of a filter?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I had an account and got so irritated with it- keeping up with all the posts, the messages, etc. I deactivated. 4 years later a friend convinced me to rejoin. 

That was a year ago. I have mixed feelings about it. The thought of deleting my account has crossed my mind more than once.

I sort of wish Facebook would go the way of my space and become obsolete. I absolutely refuse to have a twitter or Instagram account.

The only people who seem to use those other social media sites are younger than I, have self delusions that they are some kind of celebrity and take selfies of themselves in the bathroom mirror ad nauseum. It's ridiculous. Who the hell do they think they are? Lol. It's laughable. Everyone's a "celebrity" these days! 

Lil_Wolf
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I have a friend from high school that deleted her page & now has a joint page with her dad. It is in his name & she keeps sending me friend requests.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I did... then I removed them.
srehman
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Nope. I deleted my fb account. I'm free! Now I just need some self control from cm! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Ugh yes and I need to take her off my friends list. I knew her from school. She in constantly making post about the cool movies she likes, the cool music she likes and how her kids are just so awesome because they like the same things. It's sad because she's like 30 and still trying to impress everyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I have the one friend who "doesn't post enough" but it's always negative:
"ugh hate this!"
"my life sucks!"
"hate that b**ch!"
"annoyed!"
And then of course you go to read comments and it's a whole bunch of:
"what's wrong/up?"
"what's going on?"
And no response from the poster except:
"message me ______"

Really? Don't throw all your negative drama on the site. ONLY reason she's still a friend is because she is my sons step mom, I like to know what's going on in the lives of my sons other family.
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM
The ones that annoy me are constant religious posts. Its great that you find strength in God and all, but I don't have to hear about it every 10 minutes. I also got annoyed by a person who just constantly talks about herself, she barely seems to realize other people exist and also have problems. She whines every 10 minutes about something. Someone isn't giving her enough attention, someone didn't text back, her cat looked at her crosswise. Ugh! I didn't delete these people but I hid their stuff from my feed.

I am the annoying person that updates too often (sometimes, not always) and posts too many pics of my kids.

My husband is the annoying political poster.
arsjncmom
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I hide certain things. While I do know all my fb friends, I regret adding a few. One us a food nazi, the cat woman (she posts more pics of her cats than her kids) and the "I'm stuck in middle school, I'm gonna do me, poor single mom with an ipod, hashtagging drama girl. That one I may actually unfriend. We are 35 year old women, cut the dramatics.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN