Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Stalker Is Out Of Jail and has Found Me...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

He called me at work (Friday)  and before he could get a word out I transferred the call to the on site police officer.  He had no problem telling the officer that he knows where I work and live and will be coming to my house today. (Very dumb of him as I have a three year no contact order) The officer was easily able to write up a report for me in case he does show up at my house.  Just in case this is what my dh got me. (pic is not me just how it looks concealed)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
bluedolly01
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Our plan was if they turn up the kids get out! We didnt want to wait for my FOO to get past us - and we didnt want the kids to see anything happening either.

Do your children have phones? We had our DD carry hers at all times and we had a trigger word that was the signal for the drills to go into action.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been drilling them over and over they are 10 and 11. I have two big dogs and have a great escape plan if for some reason he was able to enter past me my dh my two dogs and our guns. 

Quoting bluedolly01: Not a stalker but threats of major violence from family members here.. oh and I am in Australia I cant get a gun "just because".

After this happened the very first thing I did was work out an escape route for my kids to get away safely and to my neighbours house where she would call the police. We did drills and everything.

I guess depends on how old your kids are though.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no plans to be a victim.  I am more worried about the kids.  I haven't slept in days just thinking over and over how to protect them

Quoting tsdaughe: You do what you have to in order to protect yourself. My ex assaulted me and the protective order did nothing. I got pepper spray and the last time he was seen near my house and I called the police I told the officer I would be getting a gun next and would shoot him to defend myself. The cops wouldn't do anything unless they caught him on my property. He went to jail for something else for a year and I saw he was released recently. I haven't seen him near my place but he maybe in court ordered rehab or something. Come to find out he had two dwi's and got 2 more after he assaulted me. Nothing happened to him because the courts allowed him to file charges against me as a scare tactic and the day of the hearing the arresting officer couldn't be there and they were going to continue the case for 2-3 months. They had combined our cases into one even though i had a police officer as a witness. In my line of work, I can't have a record. I was up for a federal contact job and didn't want to risk my clean record. Seeing how the law allowed him to violate the order and him to harass and stalk me, I didn't trust them to see his charge against me was bogus. He filed on his own through a magistrate the day he was released from jail. So i let the charges me dropped. I regret it because his stalking got worse after that. That's why I say do what you have to and don't be a victim. Good for you standing up for yourself. My DH is a great man and was my biggest support and one reason I fell in love with him.

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

your son has a stalker????

Quoting mrswillie: Ds's stalker peered his head again today. Makes me sick.

Yes. It started when ds was 15yo and stalker was 40, about 2 years ago. We had 2 states and 3 police officers involved. We have hundreds of FB screen shots, texts, etc. The police have audio recordings. Once he tried to call ds at school, saying he was ds's employer. He is counting down, on FB until ds turns 18. Once, my oldest ds, (22 at the time) approached stalker to confront him. Stalker took off running. Another time, dh and a friend saw stalker. When stalker saw dh, he took off running...all most ran into a passing train. We just can't seem to get rid of him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Quoting mrswillie:
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. It started when ds was 15yo and stalker was 40, about 2 years ago. We had 2 states and 3 police officers involved. We have hundreds of FB screen shots, texts, etc. The police have audio recordings. Once he tried to call ds at school, saying he was ds's employer. He is counting down, on FB until ds turns 18. Once, my oldest ds, (22 at the time) approached stalker to confront him. Stalker took off running. Another time, dh and a friend saw stalker. When stalker saw dh, he took off running...all most ran into a passing train. We just can't seem to get rid of him.
You don't know how much this pains me. At the very least I know I can defend myself. Wow. I hope your ds stalker chokes on a piece of steak!
mrswillie
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting mrswillie:
Quoting Anonymous:

You don't know how much this pains me. At the very least I know I can defend myself. Wow. I hope your ds stalker chokes on a piece of steak!
Ds is now 17, with a license, and has grown a lot. The school and everyone knows about stalker. Stalker has mostly backed off except on FB. He has this strange illusion that when ds turns 18, they will be together...romantic. Stalker thinks the only thing stopping them know is dh and I. I think I worry more about ds getting in trouble with the law when he turns 18. If stalker approaches him ds is liable to hit him. I'm not a violent person, but I would understand if he did. (We have even had to get ds's cell number changed. We blocked stalkers number so stalker got a new one) Anyway, we have tons of evidence if anything ever happened. Ashame we have had problems with the police knowing who has jurisdiction since stalker is in one state and we are in another. There is a warrant for stalker, but only if he crosses state lines, and the police find out, will it be served.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM
I had a stalker for about 3 yrs. He assaulted me twice and the 3 restraining orders I had over the years did no good. He would call me 15-20 times a day, he would watch me from down the road, he would sit outside my job. It was a nightmare that eventually ended with him just leaving me alone. He still comes around every now and then because we have a child together and after 9 years he still manages to act like an idiot smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:04 PM
It was awful especially when cops acted like it was no big thing. My 911 call is what helped me prove self defense. I still don't sleep well and had a few years of PTSD .

Quoting Anonymous:

I am so sorry.

I hope it never comes down to that.  I have visualized many scenarios I win in each one

Quoting Anonymous: I had a stalker for 5 years. It was an ex coworker . I had to shoot him when the police didn't help. A restraint order was just a piece of paper. When I got pregnant is when it became violent, and my DH was at work . My stalker had a knife when he broke in. I shot him in the kneecaps. Basterd will never walk again and wheels himself around prison for the next 35 years. Don't hesitate to shoot hon if it gets to that point .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I have been so shaken that some good friends have offered to off him for good.  I just cant live with involving anyone.  I just wish this craziness would stop

Quoting Anonymous: It was awful especially when cops acted like it was no big thing. My 911 call is what helped me prove self defense. I still don't sleep well and had a few years of PTSD .

Quoting Anonymous:

I am so sorry.

I hope it never comes down to that.  I have visualized many scenarios I win in each one

Quoting Anonymous: I had a stalker for 5 years. It was an ex coworker . I had to shoot him when the police didn't help. A restraint order was just a piece of paper. When I got pregnant is when it became violent, and my DH was at work . My stalker had a knife when he broke in. I shot him in the kneecaps. Basterd will never walk again and wheels himself around prison for the next 35 years. Don't hesitate to shoot hon if it gets to that point .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM

he can't call me because he doesn't have my cell any longer, but when he did it was 50x a day minimum.  now he's calling my job.  i just don't know when or how this will end

Quoting Anonymous: I had a stalker for about 3 yrs. He assaulted me twice and the 3 restraining orders I had over the years did no good. He would call me 15-20 times a day, he would watch me from down the road, he would sit outside my job. It was a nightmare that eventually ended with him just leaving me alone. He still comes around every now and then because we have a child together and after 9 years he still manages to act like an idiot smh

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM

My ex fiance's wife stalked me for years. Even after I moved from Philadelphia to Virginia.

She and I were pregnant at the same time (it was my second). Her baby died during birth due to the cord being wrapped around his neck. She sent me a FB message saying that because *I* made her son hang himself (her crazy words) that mine will do the same at her hands. Uhhhh! I had to get a protective order and that is when I got my CCL.

DH bought me a new carrier for my revolver today, it's like a belly band.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:15 PM
FYI, that's not concealed haha
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)