Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My MIL never gets her grandkids anything for Christmas.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

My MIL is so weird. She has never bought either of her grandkids anything for their birthdays or Christmas. I mean what kind of grandmother never buys their grandkids presents, I just think it's so stupid of her. These are her only two grandkids because dh is her only child. I mean I know this may sound petty but I just don't want my kids to end up getting hurt cause they never get anything from her. They never even get an acknowledgement that it is their birthday or anything. She is so hands off. Am I the only one with a MIL like this?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM
That's weird.. Usually it's the grandparents that spoil.. Especially if there are only 2..
As far as them getting hurt.. Hopefully since she never has got them anything it'll just be somethin that they are used to and don't think about It..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Mine uses the excuse that there are too many grandkids to buy gifts,they don't care to call anyone,it's all about what mil and fil get,it's sickening.
xoxowifey
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Mine didn't, she was broke tho. My mom got each kid a toy.
jenerica.
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

No, but I have a mother like that.  LOL!  I don't worry about it hurting my daughter though.  She knows people are different. 

Shari55
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM

It may be weird, but I am now a grandmother who never gets my five grandchildren anything because their father(who has custody) of them won't give them what I send them, so after many years I just said forget it. After several years of sending gifts and having them returned, my husband and I decided to not send gifts anymore.

I was a very hands on grandma, before the divorce,my ex-son-in-law was very bitter and won't let the children have anything to do with us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)