Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All she got were boy toys! small edit

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 399 Replies
2 moms liked this
For Christmas, my cousin got his daughter a bow and arrow, tmnt gear, a baseball bat, and other "boy toys". My Mom and aunt were mad because they were all boy toys... i said well maybe she wanted them? They said i doubt it, she is a girl.... Is there something wrong with girls getting boy toys or boys getting girl toys?. I thought we were trying to redefine gender roles as a society.

Edit: i have not seen my cousin or his daughter, i just saw pictures of her Christmas toys. According to the pictures, she looked very happy. She also got a fairy princess doll
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamanthaStetka
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I see no problem with that!!

The.Last.Rebel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing wrong at all, my dd probably would've preferred nothing but boy toys.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

LoveNaCupcake
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
24 moms liked this

I didn't realize toys were gender specific and they wouldn't work right if the wrong gender played with them.... My boys play house with their sister and she will just as easily jump in and play batman and tmnt with them. People need to stop with this whole "those are for boys only and those are for girls only" bs.

Ps: I think the bow and arrow is awesome! I mean heck, maybe she wants to be like Katniss XD

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Mine got a "boy toy"...No one was mad.
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
4 moms liked this

If you're forcing gender specific toys on your child, that's one thing. But if they're asking for opposite gender toys and you buy them, that's something quite different. If my kids ask for something specific, I will get it for them. It doesn't matter if my son is asking for Barbie or my daughters are asking for Hot Wheels. Kids like what they like.

j3st3r
by Jedi on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this

My daughter got a compound bow...  She's all girl.  

sweetsavannah10
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol i agree. We get hand me downs from my nephew, and dd loves them...
Dd would have also loved a bow and arrow, katniss is awesome

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

I didn't realize toys were gender specific and they wouldn't work right if the wrong gender played with them.... My boys play house with their sister and she will just as easily jump in and play batman and tmnt with them. People need to stop with this whole "those are for boys only and those are for girls only" bs.

Ps: I think the bow and arrow is awesome! I mean heck, maybe she wants to be like Katniss XD

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM
3 moms liked this
What makes a toy a 'boy toy'?
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My five month old got a toy lawn mower and a workbench and she's a girl. She loved hammering on the workbench.
sweetsavannah10
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM
She also got a fairy princess doll

Quoting davnrori:

If you're forcing gender specific toys on your child, that's one thing. But if they're asking for opposite gender toys and you buy them, that's something quite different. If my kids ask for something specific, I will get it for them. It doesn't matter if my son is asking for Barbie or my daughters are asking for Hot Wheels. Kids like what they like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)