Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh's friend "too friendly"? Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Um....YES! He is.
He called the phone dh and i share, saying he and his SO wanted to come wish us a merry christmas. I told him dh was at my mil's with our boys, and i was sick. I said i'd call and ask dh to come home (our boys are both under 2 and it was 8:30 or so.)
He said no they'd just stop by and say hi real quick. Well, his girlfriend doesn't like me (i think i know why now) so she stayed in the car, word for word, "to make him feel rushed." O...k?
He talks for about ten mins about how she's a bitch, plays mind games, he doesn't love her.
I did call dh, but he had lots of presents and 2 car seats to load up, etc. I didnt expect this!
This guy then proceeds to tell me i seem more like the "physical type, that gets right down to the point and won't play games." I've seen him drunk off his ass. He was sober. He tells me i seem like i'd make it clear what i want and make it happen. Body language very clear :-/ He sees dh's headlights and bolts throwing a festive merry christmas over his shoulder....... Dude....what....the holy hell....

Maybe he's depressed with his failing relationship? I don't want to tell dh and ruin the friendship if its a one time thing. I'm thinking i should stay quiet unless it happens again, but i could use a second opinion.

Update- i told him. He went into denial mode. I literally let him read this post. He said that it didn't sound like he was hitting on me, he's too good of a friend.
AND THAT IT WAS IN MY HEAD! Apparently thinking that he was flirting makes me full of myself and i'm conceited etc. Wtf ever.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Bump
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Maybe he was just noticing that your dh is lucky? Idk. Just avoid being alone together if you are uncomfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I eould say something to my dh. That's too weird for me.
aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Weird. You sure she was in the car? Sounds like he was dumped & lonely. Either way I'd tell DH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexTornado
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Eww that happened to me long ago when Dh & I first started dating.  A friend of his came over, under the guise of hanging out & waiting on Dh.  He didn't make an actual pass at me, but he made these weird comments & stuff basically like you're describing.

I never told Dh.   Until about 20 years later.  I thought he'd laugh about it.  No.  He didn't.  Of course we haven't seen that guy in years & years and never kept in touch with him, but still.  Dh got a little irritated as if it had just happened!  lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Nope i saw her when he left.. she was there. I want to tell dh, but at the same time, i could ruin a 2 yr friendship over a bad day. So conflicted :-/ dh is so jealous, he'd flip a lid.

Quoting aidyns_mommy: Weird. You sure she was in the car? Sounds like he was dumped & lonely. Either way I'd tell DH.
eve210
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Say something to DH asap. His friend will probably flip the story later on(if he tries something again and you reject him) and say you came onto him.
Something similar happened to my sister years ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Lol definately gonna avoid being alone. I didn't even mean for it to happen this time.

Quoting firespurity: Maybe he was just noticing that your dh is lucky? Idk. Just avoid being alone together if you are uncomfortable.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I'd say something to DH. If it does happen again and you bring it up then...the first thing your DH will probably ask is why didn't you tell him the first time it happened.

keriley1
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I would say something about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)