Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My washing machine....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Doesnt seem to be cleaning as well as before. Im using the same products as I always have. What could be the problem?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:41 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:41 AM

How old is it?  Perhaps you need to do a cleaning cycle.  Maybe the agitation cylcle is working.  Keep an eye on it so you can tell what is going on.  Good lucksies!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I guess its almost 10 years old. Time flies. It sounds like the agitation cycle is working (its a front loader) It sounds the same as always the clothes just arent getting clean anymore :(

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is it?  Perhaps you need to do a cleaning cycle.  Maybe the agitation cylcle is working.  Keep an eye on it so you can tell what is going on.  Good lucksies!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Mine is a front loader and this summer will be 10yrs old.  I probably don't do as much laundry as you.  People are always saying they do so many loads per day and I never get that.  Anyway, if you do a ton of laundry per year then it's probably dying.  Hope you can get a new one and may donate this one to a person that repairs them for resale.

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess its almost 10 years old. Time flies. It sounds like the agitation cycle is working (its a front loader) It sounds the same as always the clothes just arent getting clean anymore :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:51 AM

We probably do on average a load a day. I really hope it doesnt need to be replaced :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine is a front loader and this summer will be 10yrs old.  I probably don't do as much laundry as you.  People are always saying they do so many loads per day and I never get that.  Anyway, if you do a ton of laundry per year then it's probably dying.  Hope you can get a new one and may donate this one to a person that repairs them for resale.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

ilovecandy
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM

does it need a through cleaning? cleaning out the boot, the insde with a bleach wash (maybe a few cycles with this in hot water) and the soap dispenser and such clean? has your water changed at all recently?

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Does it have a filter? Some have filters that need changing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Im not sure if it has changed. We have super hard water, It always seems bad lol

Quoting ilovecandy:

does it need a through cleaning? cleaning out the boot, the insde with a bleach wash (maybe a few cycles with this in hot water) and the soap dispenser and such clean? has your water changed at all recently?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)