Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Yippy!! I'm so excited!!

I want all your best ideas!!

We have 2 kids and I would very much like to include them in the actual ceremony! Not just as flower girl or ring bearer!!

I'm thinking... ( a million things! lol)

Ring for dd
Ds or both kids walk me down the aisle
Kids wait with daddy

Your turn!!!

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:08 AM
They don't sing!! Well

Lol we are inviting 25 kids lol it's going to be crazy!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

My aunt had a children's choir at her wedding, because she knew so many kids that she wanted to include. Maybe you could have your kids sing if they are old enough.  

Jblb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:09 AM
Yes, sorry!! And I really love my common law sister in law!!

Quoting georgiana5:

Oh,tears in my eyes, thats so romantic.  Has he got a brother? lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:10 AM
The Wedding Bee helped me survive my wedding and it Helped me through everything

Quoting Jblb: LOVE it!! First thing on their site!! S'mores and I have s'mores for late night snack!!

Quoting Anonymous: Congrats!

If you need ideas there is a website called,

The" Wedding Bee "that might help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Just out of curiosity how is it that you have a 5 and 2 and are just now getting engaged?  Isn't that a little backwards?  I can see having one pregnancy woopsie and then getting married.  I just don't understand how people get to be 2 kids and 6 years in (or more) before he pops the question.  

Quoting Jblb: Dd will be 5 and ds almost 2

I like the idea, we are getting married outside!!

I will most def. have the kids in my vows!!

Quoting Anonymous: Congrats! How old are the kiddies? I like the unity candle idea. My sister did it with her kids at her wedding. They all lit a candle together to symbolize their union as a family. There was a part in the ceremony where the preacher included her kids in the vows, it was really cute.

georgiana5
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:13 AM

Darn! Anyone else got a brother? lol

Looking forward to hearing your plans. I love the sand idea and the cupcakes sound cute too.  Do you have a date in mind?

Quoting Jblb: Yes, sorry!! And I really love my common law sister in law!!

Quoting georgiana5:

Oh,tears in my eyes, thats so romantic.  Has he got a brother? lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:14 AM
I'm sure you will figure out some nice ideas. 25 is definitely enough for a choir. lol
Quoting Jblb: They don't sing!! Well

Quoting Anonymous:

My aunt had a children's choir at her wedding, because she knew so many kids that she wanted to include. Maybe you could have your kids sing if they are old enough.  

Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Congratulations. Why don't you have your daughter be your Maid of honor and your son the best man?
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:20 AM
Well!!

Yes dd was not planned! We have been together 10 years, the first half was spent working in a ski town, we were ski bums lol (yes we both have post secondary education!!) we travelled a lot and transferred to 2 different resorts. We met for vacation after not seeing each other for 8 mths!!! I imagine you can guess what happened next lol

We then spent the next 5 years travelling again, SO got an amazing job opportunity which required a lot of moving. When we landed in a area close to my hometown we decided to have ds!

Yes we have down everything backwards, but that is not for you to judge!! This is the next step in uniting our family (although we are pretty united anyways)

Does that help?

Quoting Anonymous: Just out of curiosity how is it that you have a 5 and 2 and are just now getting engaged?  Isn't that a little backwards?  I can see having one pregnancy woopsie and then getting married.  I just don't understand how people get to be 2 kids and 6 years in (or more) before he pops the question.  Quoting Jblb: Dd will be 5 and ds almost 2

I like the idea, we are getting married outside!!

I will most def. have the kids in my vows!!

Quoting Anonymous: Congrats! How old are the kiddies? I like the unity candle idea. My sister did it with her kids at her wedding. They all lit a candle together to symbolize their union as a family. There was a part in the ceremony where the preacher included her kids in the vows, it was really cute.

Jblb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:21 AM
That's what I would like! Can they though? They couldn't sign the wedding certificate? I mean don't you have to have full comprehension of what your witnessing?? KWIM

Quoting Momof3smoochies: Congratulations. Why don't you have your daughter be your Maid of honor and your son the best man?
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Great idea!!! I could get all the kids to be the choir!!! Hahahhahaha

Quoting Anonymous: I'm sure you will figure out some nice ideas. 25 is definitely enough for a choir. lol

Quoting Jblb: They don't sing!! Well

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)