Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Yippy!! I'm so excited!!

I want all your best ideas!!

We have 2 kids and I would very much like to include them in the actual ceremony! Not just as flower girl or ring bearer!!

I'm thinking... ( a million things! lol)

Ring for dd
Ds or both kids walk me down the aisle
Kids wait with daddy

Your turn!!!

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Replies (61-69):
OHIOmommy330
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM

My advice is to go small and simple. I know every idea you have ever had about a wedding is racing in your mind right now. Simple menu, small ceremony and reception. All the money should go to a new home or if you already have a home, have great honeymoon. Do as much as you can DIY like invitations and flowers and decorations. Don't waste $$$ on favors either, most of the time the guests never ever keep them. Buffet style food is the best, you don't need $7,000 wedding dress either. Involve as many friends and family to help with the wedding. Don't waste money on a wedding planner. Start looking for your dress NOW , when summertime hits EVERYTHING as far as weddings go will TRIPLE in price.

partyof54me
by ♥The Show Off♥ on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Congratulations! Outdoor weddings are so beautiful.

Jblb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Campground.. Lol hoping to get into a beautiful provincial park here in Ontario!

Quoting rfhsure: What kind of setting is the wedding going to be in? Forest? Field? Beach?

Quoting Jblb: Me too!

Quoting rfhsure: Oooooooh outdoor wedding! I like the idea of your kids walking you down the aisle.
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Great advice!! Thank you thank you!! My mom is very crafty and well organized so I have hired her as my wedding planner lol

Quoting OHIOmommy330:

My advice is to go small and simple. I know every idea you have ever had about a wedding is racing in your mind right now. Simple menu, small ceremony and reception. All the money should go to a new home or if you already have a home, have great honeymoon. Do as much as you can DIY like invitations and flowers and decorations. Don't waste $$$ on favors either, most of the time the guests never ever keep them. Buffet style food is the best, you don't need $7,000 wedding dress either. Involve as many friends and family to help with the wedding. Don't waste money on a wedding planner. Start looking for your dress NOW , when summertime hits EVERYTHING as far as weddings go will TRIPLE in price.

Jblb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
So beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing!

Quoting BEXi:

My boys were 1 year and 6 months old when my SO came into our lives. We married this past July. They were our ring bearers and stood next to SO and I the whole ceremony.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Jblb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks sassy!! The flowers are beautiful!!

Quoting Sassy762:

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Congrats!!!

So did I, on Christmas morning! We haven't decided yet if we'll do the traditional wedding thing, or just courthouse and dinner for closest friends and family, but anyway, add me if you'd like to talk wedding ideas!

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Congrats! 

My BIL just got married. They included their 18 month old in their vows. He also walked down the aisle with this cute sign on him that said "Daddy here comes Mommy", right before she walked down the aisle. He was adorable. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN